SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#156539 - 12/04/04 11:33 AM Free voices at ArrangerWorkstation.com
YamahaUS1 Offline

Loc: Buena Park, CA, USA
Just a note to make you aware. Some of my latest voice edits are available over at arrangerworkstation.com

Hope you like them.

Steve

------------------
Yamaha Customer Support
YCASupport@yamaha.com

#156540 - 12/04/04 01:00 PM Re: Free voices at ArrangerWorkstation.com
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Thanks Steve, I'll check them out. Still waiting for that job offer from Yamaha--guess they don't want old guys.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#156541 - 12/04/04 02:23 PM Re: Free voices at ArrangerWorkstation.com
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Steve

I've been looking all over that site and can't find them. Where abouts are they hidden? Maybe right in front of my face?

Scott

#156542 - 12/04/04 03:12 PM Re: Free voices at ArrangerWorkstation.com
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
First of all, many thanks Steve Deming for sharing your new custom voice edits with us. A terrific addition to your already impressive voice edit collection.

I just discovered something odd though. It's NOT POSSIBLE to either store or call up these custom edited voices from a Registration file.

If you store a custom (renamed) edited preset voice & attempt to save & call it up via a registration file button (1-8), what gets called up is the original PRESET voice that the custom edited voice originated from, and NOT the edited voice at all.

For example, I have several of Steve Deming's Custom Edited 'Voices' stored in my Tyros Voices 'USER' area, These include: 'Hop Mini' and 'Wave 2003'. When I select these sounds directly from the USER area, they both load and sound (impressive) when played.

But . . . . if I attempt to save these same voices into Registration Memory, and then select the associated Reg Mem Button I saved them to, the Voices that come up are the Tyros 'Preset Voices' that these custom voices were edited from. Instead of 'Hop Mini', the Preset voice: Hip Lead gets loaded, and instead of 'Wave 2003', 'Wave 2001' gets loaded.

To achieve the edited voice settings of "Hop Mini" and "Wave 2003" when calling up a Registration, one MUST re-edit (from scratch) all the voice edits included in the edited voice files, and then save these settings as part of the Registration itself. Painstakingly inconvenient, but I suppose do-able.

I didn't want to spoil the party, but just wanted to point this out.

Steve, thanks again for sharing your voice edits.

Scott

#156543 - 12/04/04 04:54 PM Re: Free voices at ArrangerWorkstation.com
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Scott,

You must be doing something wrong. I had no problem recalling the voices from registrations on the 3000. I also linked as OTS settings to a custom style file through the registrations and they worked just fine. Everything was displayed and played as written.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#156544 - 12/04/04 08:00 PM Re: Free voices at ArrangerWorkstation.com
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
You must be doing something wrong. I had no problem recalling the voices from registrations on the 3000.

Hi Gary, good to hear it's working PROPERLY on your PSR3000. Unfortunately this is not the case on my Tyros.

After reading your response, I went ahead and RE-CHECKED the problem on my Tyros, and after re-booting and re-initializing the keyboard, I still NOTICE the problem, though 'not quite' the way I had originally described it.

Here's exactly what happens on my Tyros. If I create a 'custom edited' Preset Voice and store it (with a brand 'new name') in the Tyros's USER area (either in User ROM or on the Tyros HD), and then save this voice to be recalled (as the RIGHT1 voice) in one of the 'Registration' or 'OTS' buttons... When this button is later selected, though the 'newly edited' voice sound is correctly heard, the MAIN WINDOW display page on the Tyros LCD screen displays the 'original' Preset Voice Name' rather than the new name given the 'edited' voice.

As I mentioned earlier, Steve's edited voices: "Hop Mini" and "Wave 2003" when saved & then recalled via Reg or OTS buttons, do audibly sound correctly as the 'edited' versions do, but their names in the Tyros MAIN WINDOW diplay (RIGHT1)reflect the original PRESET voice names: "Hip Lead" and "Wave 2001" instead.

I'm really curious now to find out if this is just a glitch with my Tyros keyboard or if other Tyros keyboard owners are experiencing this as well.

Can some other Tyros owners here PLEASE take the time to check this out on your Tyros? Create a 'custom edited' Preset Voice and then save it by 'another name' in the Tyros USER area (HD or USER Rom), and then save this newly edited voice to RIGHT1, in a Registration Button memory (remembering to make sure the Memory Contents 'voice' parameter box is checked), and then try recalling (selecting) this memory button again and report back 'what name' appears in the MAIN WINDOW page's Right1 voice assignment.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

#156545 - 12/04/04 08:40 PM Re: Free voices at ArrangerWorkstation.com
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Hi Scott

I haven't tried it myself, but I remember this conversation among Tyros players a while back. I recall they said the edited voice will play properly in the Tyros. However, the Tyros display will always show the original name of the voice that was used to create it. Is this what you are seeing? I hope some other Tyros owners will repsond on this also.

Tom G.

#156546 - 12/04/04 09:13 PM Re: Free voices at ArrangerWorkstation.com
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TomTomSF:
the edited voice will play properly in the Tyros. However, the Tyros display will always show the original name of the voice that was used to create it. Is this what you are seeing?

Hi Tom: yep, this is PRECISELY what I'm experiencing with my Tyros, with OS version 1.40 installed. Thanks for your re-assurance that this PROBLEM is not just isolated to my Tyros keyboard alone, but probably occuring on all Tyros'.

I can only hope Yamaha will release an OS update fix for this, especially since this problem is'nt occuring on the PSR3000 as Gary Diamond (Travlin'easy) stated.

I hope Steve Deming will check this out and pass this glitch onto Yamaha Japan in hopes that they'll get it corrected with an OS update. From past history though, I doubt Yamaha Japan will tend to this at this late stage in the Tyros I game since Tyros II is due out fairly soon. Oh well, I can still dream I suppose.

Scott

#156547 - 12/04/04 10:46 PM Re: Free voices at ArrangerWorkstation.com
Joe Waters Offline

Loc: Sterling, VA USA
Scott, there is nothing wrong with your Tyros. This "bug" is actually a "feature" that has been available on the 2000, 2100, Tyros, and now 3000. It is discussed in one of the psrtutorial Quick Steps lessosn on Editing Voices. Here's the link:
http://psrtutorial.com/L/QS/43savingeditedvoices.html

When you modify a voice and store it in the registration button, you are only storing the paramaters that have been altered from the standard voice settings. These parameter changes are applied to the original preset voice. You can store your editied voice in the USER memory or elsewhere and then call up that voice for MAIN or Layer or Left and save the setup in the registration memory. What does not get saved is the particular "name" you may have given to your "edited" voice. When you recall the registration button, the original name of the voice always shows up, but the sound will be the edited sound saved with the registration.

#156548 - 12/04/04 11:38 PM Re: Free voices at ArrangerWorkstation.com
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
scott ,go to site,click on store,click on holiday specials,click on voice box,and there they are,mike

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online