SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#156055 - 01/25/04 09:15 AM After this weekend, I'm gonna ...
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Cry! I went for a routine stress test on Friday morning. I felt fine. The techs frowned. They said my treadmill and cardiolite tests shoed a drop in blood pressure during exertion. They told me my doctor wanted to admit me for observation. I sat in the ER for 11 hours. My cardiologist came to see me about 7 pm and said he couldn't decide what might be wrong - the stress tests were positive, but all my other tests were normal. I got a room in the CCU at 10:30 pm. My band hasn't been playing, but we had a dinner dance Saturday night - I couldn't play. After a half dozen calls, I finally got a sub ( a good one). Saturday morning my family doctor came in and asked how I was feeling. When I said 'fine' he asked what happened..... Later, around 2 pm, my cardiologist came in and said I could go home, but he wants to see me Monday to schedule a catherization to see what the situation really is. All the while I felt fine. I came home at 3, but couldn't play the job. How frustrating.

AND I bought a VR-760 on eBay last Sat., but the guy didn't send it til Wed., so it never arrived for the weekend either.

And how was your weekend?

#156056 - 01/25/04 09:43 AM Re: After this weekend, I'm gonna ...
Smokey Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi, cassp
Hope everything turns out ok. And when it does let us know how you like the
VR760. I am thinking of replacing my VK7 with one.
Good luck, Smokey

#156057 - 01/25/04 03:38 PM Re: After this weekend, I'm gonna ...
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Cassp

You must be scared out of your mind.

Routine stress test? My docter never orders a stress test unless he suspects something. I usually get a routine electrocardiogram which is supposed to show heart damage from a previous heart attack.

best of luck to you and let us know how you like the vr760

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#156058 - 01/25/04 03:50 PM Re: After this weekend, I'm gonna ...
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Cassp. Wow, I definitely feel for you and your frustration. Considering all the other tests came out normal, I wonder if the initial stress test might have produced erroneous results. My question is how did you actually feel when performing the treadmill cardiolite test? I'm wondering if a followup stress test might be in order, especially because you say you're feeling fine. We're definitely concerned, so please keep up updated. - Scott

#156059 - 01/25/04 04:20 PM Re: After this weekend, I'm gonna ...
cassp Offline

Thanks for all the concern everyone. I'm going to the caardiologist Monday and hope to get a better picture of what has happened. I feel just as fine as I have for the last two years, since my double by-pass. I felt fine all the way through the tests, and the doc was somewhat noncommital on the stress test results. I have some questions that need answering and maybe something else can occur before another catherization is needed. We'll see. I'll keep you all informed. It is so great to have all of you as concerned "friends."

#156060 - 01/25/04 05:48 PM Re: After this weekend, I'm gonna ...
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
It's a good thing I didn't post new songs of my upcoming CD... They would have kept you their all weekend... It's a Joke.. Hope everything turns out fine and your back jamming in no time...

DJ
Hospitals suck...

#156061 - 01/25/04 07:33 PM Re: After this weekend, I'm gonna ...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Cassp,

Good luck with the cardiac catherazation Monday. Obviously, you've been this before, and you know the routine. With luck, you'll get a clean bill of health and be back in the saddle in no time. Keep us posted.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#156062 - 01/26/04 09:43 AM Re: After this weekend, I'm gonna ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
cassp .... hope all goes well today ...
t.

#156063 - 01/26/04 09:46 AM Re: After this weekend, I'm gonna ...
cassp Offline

I'm a stickler for spelling. It's supposed to be

"catheterization"

That's what happens when you teach English to 8th graders for 32 yrs.

I see the doc at 2:45 EST. Here's hoping for good news.

#156064 - 01/26/04 02:48 PM Re: After this weekend, I'm gonna ...
cassp Offline

Doc said he wants to be sure; having a "cath" on Wed. He's pretty optimistic there's no major problem. Let's hope he's right. Should be home Thurs.

FYI the reference to spelling in the above post was for my spelling, not anyone else's.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online