SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#155945 - 10/13/07 01:49 PM Re: Laptop Volume Control
miden Offline

Loc: The World
bernie,
my memory may be a bit hazy on this, but i seem to recall you can assign an expression pedal to control only the sequencer (which is what is playing the files),which then leaves the master control for your other playing, and/or you can assign that same function to one or more of the onboard sliders...if you have a PDF manual for the pa, just do a search function within adobe reader for the word assign, or similar it will be there somewhere (in know it could be done on the pa1x, because i did it all the time when using my midis, i used a foot expression controller so i could adjust the live keyboard playing against the midi file)...i would ask the question again on the korg forum at irish acts...
cheers
dennis

#155946 - 10/13/07 01:52 PM Re: Laptop Volume Control
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Footnote -
..I think the laptop may just be put into reserve status very soon. Except for weddings or high energy DJ stuff, the on board seq is great.
In a bigger dance setting with lots of confusion and requests...I need the laptop because it shows me more than 100 song titles at once ( in many different genre folders) ....like a jump start for my brain in case of distraction.

YES ! YES! & more YES!!!

#155947 - 10/13/07 03:02 PM Re: Laptop Volume Control
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Miden
I thought you may have hit it for a moment, but alas,sequencer is not on the list of Assignable Pedal and Slider Assignments. It must have been one of the cuts, present on the flagship models.

Thanks
Bernie

#155948 - 10/13/07 04:59 PM Re: Laptop Volume Control
miden Offline

hi bernie,
having thought about it a bit more, if you go to the edit pages you should be able to have the expression pedal set to on/off for the upper 1,2,3 and the lower, which is independent of the sequencer.set your overall volume levels for each of these to say around 120, which gives a bit of "headroom" and then when you decrease the volume of the midi file you will still be able to control the volume level of your "live" sounds...sorry i cannot remember the exact tab presses to get there.
dennis
PS the above assumes you have an expression pedal!

#155949 - 10/13/07 11:17 PM Re: Laptop Volume Control
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Bernie,
don't know if this well help.

Press
Global
Menu
Controllers
Assign Slider (tab)

Assignable Slider ( a or b, 1or 2 ) whatever suits)

Find " Keyboard Expression " ( it's a couple of settings after the Off setting, I used the data wheel.)

Unlike the Master volume which affects the whole keyboard's volume, midi data & melody sounds

Using the Assignable slider " Keyboard Expression" only affects the Melody voices 1,2,3. (This setting has nothing to do with an expression pedal)

Whether or not you can play loud enough over your midifiles , I don't know, but I can hear myself over my biab songs.

If you're playing melody voice over the top of the midifiles, you may need to check there isn't a conflict of melody midi channel no's & midifile midi channel no's.

As you may have gathered , I finally picked up my PA800. It's brilliant.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bernie9:

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 10-13-2007).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#155950 - 10/14/07 12:07 AM Re: Laptop Volume Control
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
(This setting has nothing to do with an expression pedal)

agreed, but it still uses controller 11-expression, just via the slider not a pedal, which in bernie's case is just what he wanted, so a good result...glad you like the pa800 rikki, i had mine for about 2 weeks but i wasn't happy with 1.61 keys and 2. too light and "synthy" (to me anyway) keys...apart from that, imo, its the best one out there, probably only to be superseded by the pa2xpro..
cheers
dennis

#155951 - 10/14/07 12:42 AM Re: Laptop Volume Control
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Dennis,
I do hope it works for Bernie.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply it had nothing
to do with expression, just that it didn't require an actual pedal.

I'm really wrapped in some of the PA800's functions, much more of a workstation compared to my psr & sd. And I luv the pads. They work like they should.

For me the 61 keys isn't a problem, if I need more I can midi it up to my piano, which of cause isn't an option for everyone.

I think I've gotten used to all sorts of keys, I've had everthing from a Disklavier midi acoutic piano to one of those really cheap nasty little 49 note controllers.

The PAX2 sounds like it could be great, hate to see the price though over here.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by miden:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#155952 - 10/14/07 02:01 AM Re: Laptop Volume Control
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I will try the expression pedal later today, but I would still have another problem. I was at a gig, and had to constantly readjust the mic volume to compensate for decrease in master volume.

This problem is really academic in that I plan on side skirting the issue. It is like trying to make a silk purse from a sow's ear. On the other hand this wonderful KB is so versitile, it probably can be accomplished.

Rikki
Congrats on the new toy. Knowing your delving mind, you will have lots to share. I am glad you like it so far.

#155953 - 10/14/07 03:12 AM Re: Laptop Volume Control
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Bernie
Using an Assignable slider for " Keyboard Expression" ( as I mentioned above) hopefully won't affect your mic. You're not actually altering your master volume. The slider is using controller 11 , expression, not controller 7 volume.

You move the "assignable slider" to increase or decrease the melody parts.

From what I gather you could even assign the second slider to "Mic in".

If you assigned "keyboard expression" to A1 &" Mic In" to A2 slider , hypathetically you'd be able to control both levels at the same time if needs be. Like having a mixer.

Unfortunately the Mic In function I can't test because I don't own one.

Luv it. The midi specs, Style editing , pad editing etc will keep me occupied for ages.
You were right about the pads, they work flawlessly.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bernie9:
[B]
Rikki
Congrats on the new toy.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#155954 - 10/14/07 04:11 AM Re: Laptop Volume Control
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:

The PAX2 sounds like it could be great, hate to see the price though over here.

absolutely rikki, the original pa1x retailed for near $8000 out here, so i shudder to think what this baby will be!!!!
dennis

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online