SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#155843 - 07/27/05 07:24 PM Website re-vamp + Lola!
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hi All,
I have been re-vamping my website and it has taken much longer than anticipated what with one thing and another! It is still not finished (ain't that a surprise )!

Anyway it is more or less viewable now. If you choose to go look PLEASE check out my latest song .....LOLA!

I did have a problem in that anyone with a larger monitor (larger than 15") was having a problem with the photo's covering the text. I used this as an excuse to buy a new widescreen LCD monitor in order to edit it at a larger resolution.(As if I needed much of an excuse ) Hopefully that has resolved the issue BUT if you have any problems viewing the site please let me know.

Thanks in anticipation
Tony

------------------
www.tonywmusic.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Tony W (edited 07-27-2005).]

#155844 - 07/27/05 08:07 PM Re: Website re-vamp + Lola!
girljam Offline

Loc: FL
tony-
let me first say what a lovely web site you have! Very "posh"!!! I love it!
i love your fun and funky music - my daughter is here listening to your music with me, and she agrees!
p.s - she's also in love with your doggie!

my fav so far is soldier boy - you sound a bit like phil collins on that one! And I mean that as a compliment!!

keep up the great work!

jill

PSR S970, PSR S910, ShureSM57 mics, and way too much misc.

#155845 - 07/28/05 10:14 AM Re: Website re-vamp + Lola!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Tony. I really like your newly re-designed website look. As Jill stated: it's "Very Posh!" Then again I've liked all your past website re-incarnations as well. I've always admired your creatively conceived original tunes. Your newest, "Lola" is especially catchy & infectious with its' carribean flavor and tasty marimba(?) & percussion fills played. Curious what Yamaha(?) style was utilized for this song. Wow, and I can easily understand all the words now too . Great story telling Mon.

Tony. You've been missed here. Hope you can find more time again to participate here more often as I've always enjoyed your wit & humor as well as knowledable feedback. - Scott

#155846 - 07/28/05 03:07 PM Re: Website re-vamp + Lola!
Tony W Offline

Jill,
Thanks for the listen.... Am so pleased that you and your daughter enjoyed some of my little ditties I am particularly fond of 'Soldier Boy' so am extra chuffed that you picked up on that song.
Fanny the dog is preening more than usual at the praise! She get's more email from the site than I do Everyone loves her!!!
Thanks again for having a look around my site

Scott,
As usual you are too kind my friend. I'm pleased you like the latest re-vamp but I am still envious of that new all singing all dancing site of yours. Mine may well look posh but yours looks Pro!! (As the actress may have said to the bishop!)
The style used for Lola was 'Latin a Go Go' from the latin section on Tyros.

Thanks to both of you for the feedback
Hugz n stuff
Tony

------------------
www.tonywmusic.co.uk

#155847 - 07/28/05 05:02 PM Re: Website re-vamp + Lola!
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Tony, Lola never played for me. (EDIT: Uh, that was unintentional pun.) Also, Hayfever Rag might be mislabeled... it says 'blue.'

Very good stuff! I wish I were in England. Or whereever you are... never been across the pond.

Yes, you have a screen width problem... too wide. You can fix that if you know html.

------------------
Me Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

[This message has been edited by SemiLiveMusic (edited 07-28-2005).]

#155848 - 07/29/05 03:16 AM Re: Website re-vamp + Lola!
Tony W Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:
Tony, Lola never played for me. (EDIT: Uh, that was unintentional pun.)

Hi Bill
If you ever get it to download (I'm not sure why you can't as it seems to be working fine) Then you will find as you listen that 'Lola' never 'played' for me either (We did dance though which is what this song is about......a dance with a stranger in a club when I was eighteen!)

Quote:
Also, Hayfever Rag might be mislabeled... it says 'blue.'[/B]

That is my fault. The song 'blue' actually is Hayfever rag but when I wrote it was going to be titled 'Blue Skies Always make me Cry'. I never got around to renaming the file!!

Quote:
Yes, you have a screen width problem... too wide. You can fix that if you know html.[/B]

Alas....therein is my problem. My html skills are not as good as I like to think they are Basics I can get by with.... anything else I get flummoxed!

Thanks for the look and the comments. Very much appreciated.
Best wishes
Tony

------------------
www.tonywmusic.co.uk

#155849 - 07/29/05 07:09 AM Re: Website re-vamp + Lola!
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Okay, Tony, "Lola" downloaded for me today, have no idea why it would not yesterday.

Very catchy, you're very talented and have a really cool voice. Only thing I could say about the recording is that in the chorus, try to figure out a way to make the words clearer. I love many kinds of music but the country music hammer on us to enunciate clearly and distinctly. They are sticklers for that... the lyric is so crucial in country music. So, I'm a bit more aware of that than maybe other people are.

In the chorus, you have a lot of words close together, so, it's going to be harder to enunciate. You will have to concentrate more. And also, figure out ways to bring vocals more up front. That's probably as important as anything... making the vocals more up front in the mix. Your voice is airy, I can't even think who you remind me of but it's very unique and unique is GOOD and you sing on pitch!

Very cool music, as well. I'm a sucker for anything with a Latin flavor. Or whatever that is.

------------------
Me Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#155850 - 07/29/05 08:23 AM Re: Website re-vamp + Lola!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Tony, wonderful as usual! Better not bring Fanny to Louisiana when you visit, the gators will eat her!
DonM

#155851 - 07/29/05 08:27 AM Re: Website re-vamp + Lola!
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Tony, wonderful as usual! Better not bring Fanny to Louisiana when you visit, the gators will eat her!
DonM

I got an email from my weird friend, Scott, who likes to send me weird emails. It was a pic of a giant anaconda snake. An Amazon oil worker went missing. They found a humongous snake, I don't know how big, BIG, GIANT and its belly was all poked out. Sumpin' big in there. They killed it and sliced it open and it was a pic of the dead guy in the snake. (EDIT: What a dummy... not a pic of the dead guy in the snake... the email had a pic, showing the dead guy inside the snake.)

Gators are bad news, too. Crocs, sharks. Watch out, Tony! Heck, I'm scared of spiders.

------------------
Me Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

[This message has been edited by SemiLiveMusic (edited 07-29-2005).]

#155852 - 07/29/05 08:43 AM Re: Website re-vamp + Lola!
Tony W Offline

Thanks Bill and Don,
I did have problems singing that fast! I keep meaning to re-do it .... maybe slow it down just a touch!

Fanny would eat them there gators for lunch. She is a bit of an animal you know! This is what she gets up to when I am not home..... old soak that she is

Best wishes
Tony

#155853 - 07/29/05 09:00 AM Re: Website re-vamp + Lola!
SemiLiveMusic Offline

What a lush! What kind of dog is that, Tony? Isn't she very bright white? That looks like the whitest dog I've ever seen.

------------------
Me Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online