SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#155769 - 03/23/06 11:20 PM Re: Which is the best Vocal Harmonizer?
Mistered4111 Offline

Loc: Upstate NY
Scott,

Thanks for the reply. I thought perhaps I was over looking something, but it sounds like they have made some changes to the harmonizer on the tyros II.

Al - Again if you get a chance please email me so that we can "discuss" purchasing your TC Helicon Unit - Thanks

Dnj - I did lower the mic gain to 9 oclock it did help some, but I'm still not satified. I'll keep tweaking. Thanks for the tip.

Regards
Ed

#155770 - 03/24/06 05:33 AM Re: Which is the best Vocal Harmonizer?
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Ed,

The SM-58 was difficult at best to work with using the keyboard's onboard vocal processor. Though DNJ loves his, I sold mine because of the problems I encountered. The best handhelp mic I've encountered in two decades is the Samson Q7, which really does a fantastic job. No feedback at all, even when standing directly in front of the Bose PAS tower. Excellent frequency response, outstanding clarity, and IMO the tonal qualities are far superior to the SM-58.

I currently use a headset mic, the Crown CM-311A, mainly for the freedom it offers and the outstanding vocal qualities it provides. If I were still using a handheld mic, the Q7 would be right at the top of the list, followed by the Sennheiser E855, Shure Beta-57 and bringing up the rear would be the SM-58. I'm sure this will raise some hackles, but the performers that have switched to the Q7 will likely echo my statements.

One other aspect of the problems you are experiencing may be your mic settings. The onboard settings have been posted several times on the forum by DNJ and myself. If you cannot find the post, let me know and I'll repost them.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#155771 - 03/24/06 05:55 AM Re: Which is the best Vocal Harmonizer?
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
Many thanks to scott Yee.

Having come originally from a T1, I set up all my vocal harmonizer settings and overall EQ settings exactly the same when I got the T2.

Although this was OK I didn't think it sounded quite as good as before but it was passable so I accepted it.

When I saw Scott's recent post I didn't know what he was talking about so I went in to the mic setup panel on the T2 and there was the new parameter control on the lower right of the screen set to the default of "normal"

I reset this to lower as I have quite a low male voice (yep very macho that's me - lol) and I couldn't believe the difference. I was then able to boost some of the master lower EQ frequencies without inroducing the "(in)famous" Tyros VH distortion. It was a relevation to me.

I used to use a top of the range TC helicon Voice crystal VH unit with an additional voice modelling card but the Tyros was fine for general use such as gigging and is even better now. You can spend a lifetime fiddling with all the parameters on the TC Helicon.

However, the thing I really miss from the TC Helicon was the 3 "scalar" modes for each minor and major key that you were playing in rather than generating the harmonies the "chordal" or "vocoder" way as this is essential for absoluitely correct duet harmonies such as moving thirds etc.

Thanks again Scott - I'm not sure I would ever have seen the control!!!!

Regards - KF

#155772 - 03/24/06 08:39 AM Re: Which is the best Vocal Harmonizer?
Mistered4111 Offline

Gary - I just check on the price of the Q7($89.00 at American Musical)I;m not sure if that is the best price, but it certainly is cheap enough, so I just may give it a try. Thanks for the tip.

Ed

#155773 - 03/24/06 08:52 AM Re: Which is the best Vocal Harmonizer?

Ed,

That's the best price I've seen on the internet, though a couple months ago Amazon had them for $69 in limited quantities.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

#155774 - 03/24/06 10:47 AM Re: Which is the best Vocal Harmonizer?
Mistered4111 Offline

Al,

I really have an interest in purchasing your TC Helicon if you are still interested in selling. Please either email me or give me a phone call(I included my phone number in the email I sent to you).

Thanks - Looking forwarded to hearing from you.

Regards,

Ed

#155775 - 03/24/06 12:12 PM Re: Which is the best Vocal Harmonizer?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mistered4111:
Scott,
Dnj - I did lower the mic gain to 9 oclock it did help some, but I'm still not satified. I'll keep tweaking. Thanks for the tip. Regards
Ed

Post an Mp3 song for us using the VOC then I can listen to what your problem is & possibly advise help you better.

#155776 - 03/24/06 01:59 PM Re: Which is the best Vocal Harmonizer?

I just worked with the best vocal harmonizer anyone could want. About 5'-7", flaming red hair, a body that could wreck your marriage, and the voice of an angel. She was a visitor at an assisted living center I played this afternoon.

God I love my job,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

#155777 - 03/26/06 03:44 AM Re: Which is the best Vocal Harmonizer?
weissefar Offline

This is a demo using the G-70's vocal section. There will be more demos coming, so check in now and then and listen for yourself

#155778 - 03/26/06 08:48 AM Re: Which is the best Vocal Harmonizer?
firehead Offline

Loc: thornwood, n.y. , usa
I have the TYROS 1 and use the TC helicon Voiceworks which is now cheaper and it is great. No breaking up,no static, crystal clear. I use a Shure Beta 87A and no problems whatsoever. I highly recommend it.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online