SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#155759 - 03/21/06 03:29 PM Re: Which is the best Vocal Harmonizer?
Mistered4111 Offline

Loc: Upstate NY
Thanks for all of the great responses.

Tony & Gary,
I am presently using a Shure SM-58 mic.

A long time ago I used a digitech and never seem to be able to get it to work properly. (I am sure that they have made many improvements since the one I purchased was many years ago I still have it if anyone would like to purchase it for $50/plus shipping it didn't work for me, but if someone wants one just for home use it probably would be Ok.)
Perhaps, I would be better off to replace me rather than the mic. My wife seems to think that this would be good solution LOL

Scott,

I will try using your setting and see what happens. I'll let you know within the next day or so

Don,

Where's is Don Rich located and what is his price.

Bricboo,

As stated above I have the same mic as you.

Dnj,

Will try that setting as soon as I'm able to get my k/b home and set up. Presently, it is on the job and there is no good time for trying because people are constantly in this resturant and it would be very annoying to them for me to test.

Frankieve,

The TC Helicon is the one I keep hearing about, so I am definitely considering if I can't get the Tyros Harmonizer to work to my satifaction.

Arno/Gary,

Thanks for address on the Voncken workshop and the translation. I will take a look at it latter this eveing.

Again, thanks for all of the great responses. I'll let you all know how I make out in the next couple of days.

Ed

PS What is the best price anyone was able to find on the TC Helicon and where did you purchase? Is the best model for what I am doing probably the "Voice Live"? Thanks again.

#155760 - 03/21/06 04:07 PM Re: Which is the best Vocal Harmonizer?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Mistered4111:
I'm looking into purchasing a Vocal Harmonizer and I have some concerns. I have a Tyros and find the Harmonizer unusable in live situations. Too much garble caused by the mic picking up the music and regurgeitating it.

First, is this a problem with all Harmonizers?

Secondly, if so is there anyway of fixing it?

Lastly, if all harmonizers do not have this problem and can minimize it, which ones would you recommend?

I would be using this in a single, duo or three pcs situation mostly for live work but I would want to use in recording demos also.

I know many of you are pros and I highly respect your opinion(s). BTW my budget would be $1000.00 or less.(prefably less)

Thanks in advance for any feedback you may provide.

Ed

I have a TC-Helicon VoiceLive laying around doing nothing if your looking to buy one. I paid $800 for it, name your price.

Regards,
Al

P.S. BTW, I think the TC-Helicon Voicelive is the best unit!!! :-)

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#155761 - 03/22/06 03:17 AM Re: Which is the best Vocal Harmonizer?
Mistered4111 Offline

Al,

How come you're not using your HC Helicon? I May be interested in purchasing if I can not get the Tyros to Work to my satisfaction.

Feel free to drop me an email Mistered41111@excite.com.to disgust best price and your location for a possibly pickup

Thanks

Ed

#155762 - 03/22/06 05:21 AM Re: Which is the best Vocal Harmonizer?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Quote:
Al,

Feel free to drop me an email Mistered41111@excite.com.to disgust best price and your location for a possibly pickup

Thanks

Ed

Wow, is that a fraudian slip; "disgust best price" LOL I swear I'm not that much of a hard ass!!!

I'll send you an email this evening (Wednesday). I'm in southern New York state (Orange County). I'm not doing any solo gigs right now that require the vocalizer and I have managed to squeeze out some decent performance from the Tyros2 for the ones I do have. I'm looking to get something like $650 for it. Or best offer.

Regards,
Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#155763 - 03/23/06 11:35 AM Re: Which is the best Vocal Harmonizer?
Mistered4111 Offline

Scott and Al,

Did you receive my emails?

Ed

#155764 - 03/23/06 11:54 AM Re: Which is the best Vocal Harmonizer?
Dnj Offline

after using a vocsalizer for 3 years,
I stped using one totaly for the last 6 months & never looked back....its bad enough the audience doesnt believe most of the time we are playing the keyboard let alone an arranger kb....why add to it & confuse them in more disbelief with high tech multi vocals.....this year Im taking the "keeping it simple approach" on stage & believe me it works very well

less is more !

#155765 - 03/23/06 12:15 PM Re: Which is the best Vocal Harmonizer?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I'm experimenting with the onboard Midjay harmonizer, which is merely a vocoder.
You can assign it to right or left hand. It "sings" the notes you play, nothing automatic.
You can do some neat things though. You can hold a note with your voice and move the harmonies around. The jury is still out.
DonM

#155766 - 03/23/06 05:57 PM Re: Which is the best Vocal Harmonizer?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I actually have used a system that is similar to Donny and Don's previous comments..

Instead of a harmonizer, I use a choir/voice/scat sounds to back up my vocals in real time...This works well with Roland's vocal patches..I also can control the vocal patches with an EV5 pedal..

#155767 - 03/23/06 08:42 PM Re: Which is the best Vocal Harmonizer?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Scott and Al, Did you receive my emails?

Hi Ed, yes, just read it now. You asked:

Quote:
Originally emailed by Mistered4111:
I could not find the setting of vocal range "Normal" or any vocal range setting. Is this perhaps just a setting on the the Tyros II?(I have the first Tyros)

Ok sorry. I just realized that the MIC SETTINGS: 'vocal range' parameter selection (normal, lower, upper) feature is NEW to Tyros2 and NOT included with Tyros1. As far as VoiceWorks vs Voice LIVE is concerned, though I've never owned the VOice LIVE, I've found the VoiceWorks more than adequate for my professional level needs, and like I said before, for all my live performance venues, I now rely solely on the Tyros2's vocalizer, now that I finally have the settings tweaked, the vocal harmonies sound very good to both myself and my audiences. - Scott

#155768 - 03/23/06 08:48 PM Re: Which is the best Vocal Harmonizer?
miden Offline

Loc: The World
imho, nothing comes close to the TC Helicon gear, fwiw...i have one built into my pa1x and its very musical...even recorded it sounds good..

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online