SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#155432 - 06/27/05 04:22 PM Re: G70 MP3s
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Jim,

Excellent job, sounded a lot like the orriginal sound track from Godfather. As for the G-70's styles, I cannot, and would not, make a judgement based on just a few songs. Overall, the MP3s sound crisp and clean, and your timing is excellent.

Thanks,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#155433 - 06/27/05 07:17 PM Re: G70 MP3s
JimP Offline

Loc: Richfield, Ohio USA
To Scott, Roel, DNJ, TresorTX and Gary, thanks for the comments.

My G-70 has OS version 1.10 installed. Most sounds and styles have
too much reverb. To adjust the reverb only takes a few seconds not a lot of tweaking.
Once I call up a style, I hit the effects button. The effects screen has controls for the keyboard effects, style/song effects, mastering tools. I usually adjust the reverb on the keyboard parts and style to 50% of the original value. I then save everything to a user program location. I only have to adjust the effects one time. Hopefully, Roland will adjust the reverb down in a future upgrade.

Once I have adjusted the effects and saved everything to user programs, the sounds are very good. I like the piano and the VK organs better than the Tyros pianos and organs. For most of the other sounds I think I like the Tyros sounds a little better. I never liked Korg’s acoustic sounds as much as Yamaha or Roland I am thinking of adding a motif es rack or a soft synth to compliment the G-70 sounds.

Two songs are not enough to form an opinion about the styles. I will try to record and post a few more songs with other styles.

Scott, my big frustration with all arrangers is the longer I play them, the styles sound more and more repetitive. I think effective arranger musicians are the ones that add feeling to the song with their vocals or their playing (phrasing, improvising, etc).

Jim

[This message has been edited by JimP (edited 06-27-2005).]

#155434 - 06/27/05 08:53 PM Re: G70 MP3s
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Jim

Very good start at recording I would say. I like the sound of the jazz organ. I also rather liked the big band horn section in the backround. I played trumpet in big bands and I think that those horn lines are something that a live section would play on a song with this kind of feel. Those were some interesting blues licks. I'll bet Andrew Gordon would like them! (Am I right?)

The waltz I think was a good European style waltz. It sounded like a combination of a French and German waltz. I'm from Wisconsin where all the Germans settled, so I could relate to what I was hearing. I liked the sound of the accordian/musette. I also thought you had nice phrasing.

Keep up the good work. Great start!

Best
Scott Langholff
http://www.ScottLMusic.com

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 06-27-2005).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online