SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#155374 - 12/11/02 04:20 AM Re: Keyboard amp choices and the ones you like
rhumba Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN, USA
kbrkr - The Eon15 G2 pair will be too powerful in this case. I only used my G2 when I'm out doing works. At home, things are more quiet and if you stand next to your Eon, you will hear the hissing sound coming out of the tweeter which can be annoying

..rb

#155375 - 12/11/02 04:34 AM Re: Keyboard amp choices and the ones you like
STAM Offline

Loc: Brussels, BELGIUM
Hi Frankieve,

I have a Behringer KX1200. Good product for a good price.
For me it sounds very good; good loudness, dynamic and punchy bass, clear highs and very good sound restitution/definition. Solid like a tank. Enough power for a small job (120 watts RMS)

But it is my first kb amp, so I have no comparison point.

STAM

#155376 - 12/11/02 09:10 AM Re: Keyboard amp choices and the ones you like
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Yea, I can see where the G2's would be overkill in a home studio. Even at low levels, you still hear hissing? Hmmm, that's disconcerting. Even if you adjust the ouput of your board higher and the amp on the G2 lower?

Al G

Quote:
Originally posted by rhumba:
kbrkr - The Eon15 G2 pair will be too powerful in this case. I only used my G2 when I'm out doing works. At home, things are more quiet and if you stand next to your Eon, you will hear the hissing sound coming out of the tweeter which can be annoying

..rb

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#155377 - 12/11/02 09:17 AM Re: Keyboard amp choices and the ones you like
rhumba Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
Yea, I can see where the G2's would be overkill in a home studio. Even at low levels, you still hear hissing? Hmmm, that's disconcerting. Even if you adjust the ouput of your board higher and the amp on the G2 lower?

Al G

I guess when you're as "sensitive" as I am, this nissing is noticable in the studio. I built my own PC and it was wrap almost completely with the Dynamat.com's sound barrier so I ended up noticing the hissing noise. I guess as long as you don't put your ear next to it, you won't notice. See, I rarely play in band and so my hearing is still pretty good.

..rb

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online