SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#155304 - 02/08/05 05:41 AM Keyboard Stands
grandpa tom Offline

Loc: Prescott, WI, USA
Hi Again,

I can't seem to find a KB stand that will look good in my house for a 3K. Any ideas? I saw one on PSR Tutorials that I can build, but time is prohibitive. Travelin' Easy looks like he uses a good stand. Comments please.

Tom

#155305 - 02/08/05 05:50 AM Re: Keyboard Stands
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Wow. The 3k has one of the smallest footprints out there. It should be easy as pie to just pick the type and price you want. Are you looking for a table type, or a folding, X type?
Furniture, or Industrial?
Black or Woodgrain?
Did you look at any yet?

#155306 - 02/08/05 06:12 AM Re: Keyboard Stands
grandpa tom Offline

Loc: Prescott, WI, USA
I think the bride would like to be a little decorative. I looked at ZZounds and Musicians Friend and they both have the same stuff. I would like to have some space for a laptop and an Alesis S4 module that I have.

#155307 - 02/08/05 07:03 AM Re: Keyboard Stands
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Doug,

The stand I'm currently using is the Quik-Lok QL-641, which is a heavy-duty, double-braced stand that has a fully adjustable second tier. The second tier is used for my laptop shelf, which I custom made to hold several other items. It sets up in seconds, holds a ton (265 pound rated) and is extremely stable. There is absolutely no bounce when playing and using this stand. List price is $165, but street price is about $145. If you go to me website Travlin' Easy you can see the stand set up with the laptop by clicking on the photos link.

The Ultimate stand I posted in the other thread is quite rugged as well, but set up time is about 5 minutes and it is rather large. Good stand for studio work, but for gigging is just took too long for me to set up.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online