SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#155225 - 01/17/04 07:44 AM creating styles on PA1xpro
seanbaker Offline

Since my last arranger was a Yamaha PSR-500, I am a little behind the times regarding what modern arrangers can do, specifically the PA1xpro, the one I'm interested in buying.

My question is in the creation of styles. When I create a pattern in one of the tracks in a style, can it be set to limit in a note range, or will it still transpose like my old arranger? For example, if I play a chord pattern in C in a style, and then when I play it back, use an F chord, will the chord simply transpose up a fourth or can I configure the style to keep the chord in a specific range, thus creating inversions?
As I said, if this is a dumb question, forgive me since my arranger is 12 years old! But my main use for creating styles would require a note-limit range for patterns. I appreciate any information from those of you who create your own styles, specifically with the PA1xpro

[This message has been edited by seanbaker (edited 01-17-2004).]

#155226 - 01/18/04 02:37 AM Re: creating styles on PA1xpro
STAM Offline

Loc: Brussels, BELGIUM
Hello,
That's a good question.

Maybe I am wrong but I don't believe that an arranger can play inversions by itself.

Example,

If you create a track in C with the notes C-E-G, then you play a F chord, it will play F-A-C. Maybe in the lower octave but I don't think it will give you an inverted chord C-F-A.

STAM

#155227 - 01/18/04 02:58 AM Re: creating styles on PA1xpro
Wings Offline

Loc: WestCoast of Norway
With the bass-inversion it will...

Wings.

#155228 - 01/18/04 04:46 AM Re: creating styles on PA1xpro
seanbaker Offline

I finally had the patience to download the PA1xpro manual. On page 120 it talks about "style element track controls: keyboard range". It sounds like from what it says that if you can limit both the top and bottom range of a pattern then inevitably it must create inversions. That would be cool. I think I'm sold.

From the Manual page 120:
"The Keyboard Range automatically transposes any pattern note that would otherwise play too high or too low in pitch, compared to the original acoustic instrument, when transposed by the arranger. This will result in a more natural sound for each accompaniment instrument.

For example, the lower limit for a guitar is E2. If you play a chord under the E2, the transposed pattern could exceed this limit, and sound unnatural. A Bottom limit set to E2 for the guitar track will solve the problem.

Different Keyboard Range values can be set for each Style Element."

#155229 - 01/19/04 01:34 AM Re: creating styles on PA1xpro
STAM Offline

Loc: Brussels, BELGIUM
Yes, but I am not sure that will produce inverted chords.

The pa80 has the same feature but I did not use it.
I will try to change teh kb range in some styles and hear if there is a difference.

STAM

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online