SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#155194 - 10/11/04 10:17 AM perplexed and nedd help from 'crusty old coots"
rhp52 Offline

I'm new here and am a guitar player that has a small studio, 8trk digital recorder type stuff. nothing complex. I decided that getting a workstation would be a good idea.After spending a lot of time sifting through the usual manufactures websites and reading reviews, i feel more lost than ever.
my choice would be a pro line wkstation, but frankly,the" this one has that, the other one doesn't, this one isn't dependable" syndrome has got me off track. I'm somewhat knowledgeable about product and am intentionally NOT mentioning what i've seen.
I don't need to buy the newest, just the best for the money . I like to buy good products when i buy. I realize there are trade offs to each. Can you guys give me any directtion? I really need some help to cut through all this crap.
I thought guitars and amps were bad! how do you do it? Any help would be most appreciated
!!

#155195 - 10/11/04 10:31 AM Re: perplexed and nedd help from 'crusty old coots"
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Since you asked I think what you may be interested in may not necessarily be an arranger keyboard. Arrangers have built-in automatic backing tracks that follow your chords in real time.
If this is what you need, you've come to the right place. Also there are quite a few here who do use workstations that are not arrangers.
Most any of the top-of-line arrangers would work for you most likely, but I would pay particular attention to the new Korg PAX, GEM , Yamaha Tyros, Ketron SD1 or the as-yet released new Roland G70. They all have excellent sounds and have proven reliable.
Some of the Young Coots will have to address the workstations!
DonM

#155196 - 10/11/04 10:35 AM Re: perplexed and nedd help from 'crusty old coots"
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
I wanna be a coot young or old. Can I please? Can I please please please please please?

Tom

#155197 - 10/11/04 10:44 AM Re: perplexed and nedd help from 'crusty old coots"
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I don't qualify--I'm an old codger!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#155198 - 10/11/04 10:50 AM Re: perplexed and nedd help from 'crusty old coots"
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Gary,

I'm confused. At what age does one graduate from coot to codger to geezer?

Tom

Tom

#155199 - 10/11/04 11:27 AM Re: perplexed and nedd help from 'crusty old coots"
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Tom...

Just my opinion, but I believe that the "codger" stage happens when you begin to listen to your "big" brain instead of the little one.

The "Geezer" stage happens when your "little" brain stops functioning altogether.

Russ

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online