SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#15502 - 09/25/06 05:57 AM XP Vocal Genius
wardwil Offline

Loc: Ireland
Please help! I connect the mic to the correct mic input and try to use the Vocal Genius. No sounds coming from it at all. When I connect it to the Impedance channel it works so it is not the gear. What am I not doing correctly? If I connect a guitar to the impedance can I use the vocal genius line as well without the need for a desk unit? Also, can I store drumbeats into a DB list? Thanks Will

#15503 - 09/25/06 06:23 PM Re: XP Vocal Genius
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

First make sure that the input gain knob next to the mic/line inputs is turned up. Notice that there are actually two knobs there even though it looks like only one. The center knob is for the mic input and the outer ring is for the line input.

Second, make sure that the inputs are set to MIC-LINE as opposed to LEFT-RIGHT found by pressing the Effects button in the Vocal Genius section and looking in the upper right of the display.

Third, make sure that at least one (up to four) of the harmony parts is active by pressing the Edit button in the Vocal Genius section; active parts have a staff with notes and muted parts have a speaker with an X through it.

Fourth, you do have the Harmony button activated in the Vocal Genius section, don't you?

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

#15504 - 09/26/06 04:56 AM Re: XP Vocal Genius
wardwil Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi WDMcM,

Thanks a million.. I actually sorted it out last night purely by mistake. I turned the input gain without knowing what I did. Only when I read your post I realise why I got the sound from it. I don't recall seeing that on the manual?? Thanks for the help... thing now is that I seem to get a lot of noise from a signal into the mic and when I turn down the reverb it seems to go but is then very dry... any suggestions?

Thanks

Will

#15505 - 09/26/06 07:23 AM Re: XP Vocal Genius
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,

It could be that the input gain is not adjusted correctly. Please refer to the following linked document;

How to properly adjust the input gain on the Genesys Series

Please let me know how it goes.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online