SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#154651 - 03/22/05 02:37 AM Re: Arrangers, Midi and Sound Modules
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Further to my earlier comment, maybe the following http://www.midisolutions.com/prodmrg.htm would allow me to take two midi outs (one for KN left hand and one for KN right hand) merge them thru this box and into the KN7000. I presume the Technics keyboard will sort out the messages appropriate for different midi channels?
Keith

#154652 - 03/24/05 01:12 AM Re: Arrangers, Midi and Sound Modules
KeithB Offline

..and yet another comment! Finally have the setup I want, that is to control an arranger keyboard from a midi controller with 76 keys. Chord changes and right hand voice all work. I send the two midi OUT's from the controller to a MidiMan Merge box which merges the two signals into one output, which then is sent to the KN7000.
Keith

#154653 - 03/24/05 04:23 AM Re: Arrangers, Midi and Sound Modules
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by KeithB:
..and yet another comment! Finally have the setup I want, that is to control an arranger keyboard from a midi controller with 76 keys. Chord changes and right hand voice all work. I send the two midi OUT's from the controller to a MidiMan Merge box which merges the two signals into one output, which then is sent to the KN7000.
Keith

Hi Keith:
Thats very interesting! Did you have to set any thing on your KN7000? I wonder if I tried that on my Genesys if I will still have to use the MidiMan Merge box because the Genesys has 2 midi in.

Glad to hear it is working for you.

#154654 - 03/24/05 06:27 PM Re: Arrangers, Midi and Sound Modules
KeithB Offline

Yes, I do have to set up the KN7000 for Midi. I do it each time as I haven't got around to finding out how to have it automatically preset. My setup on the KN is RH Voice Channel 1, LH voice Channel 3 and Chord Channel 3 with APC ON with Split Point ON.
Regards
Keith

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online