SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#154539 - 11/30/01 04:02 AM PSR2000 Finally Arrived!
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
It was a very long day yesterday. My PSR was supposed to arrive. I waited for the UPS man. There were two packages. One had a value pak in it and the other the keyboard. Well UPS finally pulled up to my house at around 1:00 pm and left.....one box?? Box 1 of 2? huh? NO NO NO! It was way to small to be the PSR! Frustrated and angry after canceling my whole days obligations to be here for its arrival, I rushed to the phonebook and called UPS national! I explained my delima! Afterall, it was scheduled to be delivered on this day and I wasn't about to wait another! (I was polite of course! UPS called my local terminal and told me to wait for them to call me. She did call about 1/2 later 1:30p.m. Told my story again and she says I will call you right back! She did 1:45 pm. She tells me that the driver FOUND the keyboard on the truck! It wasn't a not a BIG truck to begin with. There were TWO drivers on this truck so two master minds couldn't see a 3 ft 35lb box that says 2 of 2? She then tells me they will be back to deliver the 2nd package at 3:15 pm! YEAH! less than two hours to wait! I still have time to play with it!

Thats the long story....the short is it arrived at 7:30 pm! I played it for two hours and went to bed exhausted!

OH! what a wonderful little cute machine it is! I enjoyed every minute of the two hours I played with it. Took me about ten minutes to figure it out and away I was playing like I never played before! I have the MZ2000 sittin next to it right now. The speaker system on the MZ is much more powerful than the PSR2000 but thats where the comparison stops!

Its small enough for my old bones to move it where I want. Such a little packaged keyboard and so much power! Sounds are much better than I had imagined and do not compare to the MZ. So far I am highly impressed!

-Linda

[This message has been edited by LindaFus (edited 12-01-2001).]

#154540 - 11/30/01 06:08 AM Re: PSR2000 Finally Arrived!
Beakybird Offline

Congratulations Linda,

Isn't it a great keyboard? A few liveable limitations. Some liveable bugs that will probably be fixed within the next couple of months.

My clients are very impressed with this keyboard.

Some of the CVP209 styles are just as stunning as the preset styles and add a lot of depth to the machine.

#154541 - 11/30/01 06:36 AM Re: PSR2000 Finally Arrived!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Linda: I definitely understand the anxiety & frustration you you went through with your late delivery. Now that your baby's finally arrived, you can look forward to the years of musical rewards it will offer. Congratulations and welcome to the Synthzone PSR2000 club ! We certainly are growing FAST! - Scott

#154542 - 11/30/01 06:48 AM Re: PSR2000 Finally Arrived!
Vic01 Offline

Loc: Madison, Wisconsin USA
Linda I can so relate to your story waiting for ups or some other carrier to deliver something you are really looking forward to getting. And waiting....and waiting.... Congratulations and I'm sure the music that comes forth will be worth the wait. Have a whole bunch of fun and Merry Christmas early !!

#154543 - 11/30/01 08:34 AM Re: PSR2000 Finally Arrived!
B2 Offline

Loc: Westfield, Massachesetts, USA
Welcome to the PSR 2000 family!!!! No doubt, you will do what all of us part-time, full-timers do,,,,eat, drink, sleep, walk and talk about this great instrument. Congratulations. Look forward to hearing from you on the threads. Brian

#154544 - 11/30/01 08:41 AM Re: PSR2000 Finally Arrived!
cam8neel Offline

Loc: Providence, RI USA
Congrats on your new addition! We are growing fast as a group! This is the place to be, with our PSR2K family! Good luck and know that you have purchased a truly amazing keyboard!

Angelo

#154545 - 11/30/01 08:56 AM Re: PSR2000 Finally Arrived!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Linda...
Check the label on the boxes. Mine still hasn't arrived...was just wondering if they got them mixed up.

#154546 - 11/30/01 10:05 PM Re: PSR2000 Finally Arrived!
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Hi Linda,
Congratulations on getting your new 2000! Your going to have a lot of fun with this board! When I got mine I was playing it right away. But I learn new things about it everyday. With the help of all of my friends hear on the forum. This board is selling like wildfire. So many people already
have them, or their waiting to recieve theirs. Well they made you wait did they?
I don't like to wait either! But I guess it's still better than when you bought the MZ-2000! You had to send two back before you got a keeper! Right?Casio just don't take care you after the sale. No place like this where people descuss their KB.
I think your going to see a lot df talk for a while about the PSR-2000.
Got Bless You,
Nobby

------------------

#154547 - 12/01/01 04:58 AM Re: PSR2000 Finally Arrived!
LindaFus Offline

Thank you all for your kind words of support!

Beakybird, I played some of the CVP209 styles (splits) on the board already but they didn't have the OTS in them. I don't have the internal styles cause I missed getting them before they deleted them. I downloaded the whole library from the psr groups.(DSL) I had to do something while I waited for the board! hehe

Scottyee? Your my true inspiration for this instruement! you not only have a musical talent you also have the gift of geek! I find they a fine quality to have with these keyboards! Keep posting it all I LOVE all those tips and tricks.

Bsharp! I checked the box the label had my name on it but underneath was another...it was hard to read...ummm...says....scibbled....NO IT'S MINE!!

Nobby, remember the Casio fiasco? I had to return it 2 times? That was worse than waiting for the PSR. I am dissapointed with Casio products. I love the upper end boards but the support is so bad and no one can help you in the real world with them either. I am selling my MZ2000 on Ebay. It should be up for sale this weekend. I am going to ask $749 which includes shipping in the US. Its like NEW! I had so much trouble trying to get that board to do what I wanted. I still own a Casio wk-1800. I play that one alot for the UPPER piano sounds and styles and the 76 keys. Buried away I also own a CTK-1000 that I have had for many many years. I love that one also. Anyways, now I am off to do my errands for the day then to play the PSR and learn some more! Thanks everyone!

-Linda

#154548 - 12/01/01 05:41 AM Re: PSR2000 Finally Arrived!
Joe Waters Offline

Loc: Sterling, VA USA
Let me add my welcome as well, Linda. I decided on the 2000 last summer so it has been a long wait for the keyboard to finally be released, and then, to finally show up at the dealer where I purchased it. But I do have it now and look forward to lots of playing and learning. The PSR-styles group you referred to (or was it the sister PSR-songs group?) has been running a poll on which Yamaha instruments folks were using. Out of the current total of 240 responsents, about 10 percent were PSR2000 users. Considering that the PSR2000 has only recently hit the market, that is pretty impressive.

#154549 - 12/01/01 09:13 AM Re: PSR2000 Finally Arrived!
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Congratulations on the PSR 2k Linda. An external sequencer is no longer a must have for me with it as it was with the MZ. So much I can do with it.. enjoying mine too, and yes, all of the support for it really does make a difference. All one would need to do is compare the support on Yamaha's websites as opposed to Casio's. Also, Yamaha users themselves have made some awesome sites. To me it seemed as if Casio really wanted to make a pretty decent splash into the arranger market with the MZ and as soon as it came out they changed their minds and just left it sitting out there with absolutely no support or follow up stuff for it.

AJ

#154550 - 12/02/01 09:12 AM Re: PSR2000 Finally Arrived!
LindaFus Offline

Joe,

Thanks, I had decided to buy my PSR in the summer also but wanted to wait till all the folks here bought them and gave it the thumbs up or down. I am very happy with it so far. I saw the poll on the PSR-Styles egroup.

Bluezplayer,

Your right! I originally purchased the MZ so I wouldn't have to hook up a computer to it and ended up I had to! I forgot about that I haven't gotton that far on the PSR yet. Today I will!

Also, while I was posting my MZ on Ebay today, I came accross this description of the MZ on the Casio website here is a quote from the MZ page:

"The Song Sequencer is SMF data compatible (with some limitation)"

That sentence must have been added to explain the sequencer not saving the internal data (styles) as SMF file. Interesting, had I known that from the begining I wouldn't have purchased it to begin with.

MZ is a great board though despite those drawbacks. I really loved playing it. I just needed more midi options. I would keep it if I didn't need the money to pay for the PSR-2000.

-Linda

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online