SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#154549 - 12/01/01 09:13 AM Re: PSR2000 Finally Arrived!
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Congratulations on the PSR 2k Linda. An external sequencer is no longer a must have for me with it as it was with the MZ. So much I can do with it.. enjoying mine too, and yes, all of the support for it really does make a difference. All one would need to do is compare the support on Yamaha's websites as opposed to Casio's. Also, Yamaha users themselves have made some awesome sites. To me it seemed as if Casio really wanted to make a pretty decent splash into the arranger market with the MZ and as soon as it came out they changed their minds and just left it sitting out there with absolutely no support or follow up stuff for it.

AJ

#154550 - 12/02/01 09:12 AM Re: PSR2000 Finally Arrived!
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
Joe,

Thanks, I had decided to buy my PSR in the summer also but wanted to wait till all the folks here bought them and gave it the thumbs up or down. I am very happy with it so far. I saw the poll on the PSR-Styles egroup.

Bluezplayer,

Your right! I originally purchased the MZ so I wouldn't have to hook up a computer to it and ended up I had to! I forgot about that I haven't gotton that far on the PSR yet. Today I will!

Also, while I was posting my MZ on Ebay today, I came accross this description of the MZ on the Casio website here is a quote from the MZ page:

"The Song Sequencer is SMF data compatible (with some limitation)"

That sentence must have been added to explain the sequencer not saving the internal data (styles) as SMF file. Interesting, had I known that from the begining I wouldn't have purchased it to begin with.

MZ is a great board though despite those drawbacks. I really loved playing it. I just needed more midi options. I would keep it if I didn't need the money to pay for the PSR-2000.

-Linda

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online