SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#154473 - 11/15/02 02:48 AM recording Yamaha PSR 2000 to Calkwalk Pro Audio
riva Offline

Loc: Betar Ilite, Israel
How do you take an arrangement made on the keyboard and read it into a Calkwalk pro audio file (with everything mapped out into its appropriate tracks)? In the past, I used another program with "Channel mapping" for the "auto accompanient" i recorded.

Also, I am still seeking answer to the mysery of why when you save a song to disk and read it into Calkwalk, it transposes some of the main parts..I've tried to compensate by transposing the tracks in question, but if suddenly I do something like turn my keyboard off and on again, again tracks transpose. This is making me crazy so if anyone knows what to do, please reveal this great wisdom!
Thanks-Riva

#154474 - 11/15/02 04:37 PM Re: recording Yamaha PSR 2000 to Calkwalk Pro Audio
Pilot Offline

Loc: Ontario,Canada
I dunno. I just recorded a song onto disk on my PSR-740 and then read it into Cakewalk and it mapped onto all the correct channels. I have found, though, that if you record directly into Cakewalk from the keyboard, you have to set the channel to omni otherwise it doesn't set the instruments correctly. The probable reason for transposition is that the PSR doesn't know which key you're playing in and therefore doesn't put the key signature into the midi file. Cakewalk doesn't know the key either when it reads the file. One way round this is to set the key signature into the file once you have it loaded into Cakewalk.

#154475 - 11/15/02 05:04 PM Re: recording Yamaha PSR 2000 to Calkwalk Pro Audio
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Riva: As far as the Main, Layer, and Left tracks are concerned, this is some kind of KNOWN glitch between the PSR2000 and Cakewalk. Whenever you load a PSR2000 created midifile into Cakewalk, you must always remember to transpose these tracks by a half step. In response to this problem, Michael P. Bedesem added a new button feature called 'Fix Transpose' to his utility program called: 'MidiFix'. Fix Transpose corrects the LSB Registered Parameter Control Change data value from 1 to 0. This prevents the Main/Left/Layer in midis made on a PSR2000 from playing ½ step lower when played from a sequencer using the instrument as a sound source. You can download 'MidiFix' here for FREE:
http://www.svpworld.com/util_midifix.htm

Riva, as far as everything beiong mapped to appropriate tracks, make sure you have the latest PSR2000 Cakewalk definitions files installed in Cakewalk. The latest version 2 is now available. Download for free here:
http://www.svpworld.com/files/PSR2000_Version2.zip

Good luck, - Scott

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online