SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#154374 - 12/08/04 12:21 PM Yamaha's hammer action
seanbaker Offline

Does anyone use a yamaha hammer action keyboard? I've been using the P-120 for a few years and it seems that every 4-6 months I have to get a key repaired bevause the key will stay depressed as though it's stuck though the keyboard repair people tell me it's a spring problem. Do I need to dump my Yammy and go to a Roland SD-700.

Anyone else have key problems with their Yamaha's. If simply carting a keyboard through normal road conditions can cause this then it's not a very roadworthy keyboard action.

I'm at the end of the rope with this. Can anyone shed some light on this or offer a suggestion?

#154375 - 12/08/04 12:43 PM Re: Yamaha's hammer action
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Sean-

I had to replace the keybed in a Clavinova about six years ago. I had been told this should be expected every so often depending on frequency and manner of use.

I bought a P-200 about five years ago and never had a problem with it whatsoever.

My Tyros is about 8 months old, knock wood, I've had no problems with it.

Bill in Dayton

#154376 - 12/08/04 12:50 PM Re: Yamaha's hammer action
RW Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Sean,
For what it's worth...
My friend bought a P-60 about 6 months ago. Recently one of her keys sticks as you described. I wondered if maybe a guitar pick fell in between the keys. She said it was very unlikely. And now I see your post. Hmmmm.

I've been playing my S90 for over a year and the keys are fine and feel better than the keys of the P-60.

Peace
Bob
<><

#154377 - 12/08/04 12:59 PM Re: Yamaha's hammer action
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I have never seen a repair to a Roland hammer action keypad...maybe they are doing something right..

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online