SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#154363 - 02/20/05 05:06 AM Goodbye VA5 .... Hello Tyros :))) I'm finally going the "yummy" way
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
I sold my Roland VA5 4 months ago.....and spent the last 4 months looking for something fantastic.....and now in the next 10 days I am getting a tyros.

It better not let me down.

#154364 - 02/20/05 07:10 AM Re: Goodbye VA5 .... Hello Tyros :))) I'm finally going the "yummy" way
tracknet Offline

well, well
I hope the first thing you are going to throw in lack is the quality of Roland keys. The second one you will miss will be the quality of Roland piano voice. The third one, morphing. The fourth, the flexibility, musicality and richness of roland styles. The fifth one, the quality of construction of Roland. The sixth...
But don't worry, you will gain a greeeeat screen, a lot of colors, a lot of buttons, you will may to sing and become a great singer, ahahah

Everything is joke, of course.
Congratulations, Rolandfan (no longer roland-fan)

#154365 - 02/20/05 10:44 AM Re: Goodbye VA5 .... Hello Tyros :))) I'm finally going the "yummy" way
BlkNotes Offline

Dear RolandFan;

What else did you try on your 4 month hiatas while searching for your new keyboard? What total aspects made you choose the Tyros over the others?

Regards;
SCP

#154366 - 02/20/05 11:00 AM Re: Goodbye VA5 .... Hello Tyros :))) I'm finally going the "yummy" way
Roel Offline

Rolandfan,

Congrats !
I'm sure you will not have ANY regrets after you got a Tyros. I made the same choice and really love this Tyros machine.

The keyfeel is 'different' but not bad at all.
The styles and sounds beat even the SD1.
Easy to use/operate, no touch screen.

Perhaps I should rename myself to 'Yammyfan ?

#154367 - 02/20/05 11:14 AM Re: Goodbye VA5 .... Hello Tyros :))) I'm finally going the "yummy" way
BlkNotes Offline

Dear Roel;

Can you clarify your comment " The styles and sounds beat even the SD1" Of course I find it surprising coming from an SD1 player. Also, I believe that you had a G-70 & pa1x? ( which i think you were not content with)

Regards;
SCP

#154368 - 02/20/05 02:09 PM Re: Goodbye VA5 .... Hello Tyros :))) I'm finally going the "yummy" way
Roel Offline

SCP,
Yes I owned the G.. for 1 day and I found it to be a huge disappointment for me.

After the G.. the PA1X and PA1Xpro stayed a while (a few months) and they left because of complexity, touchscreen & huge dimensions/weight. The Korg keys, sound and styles however are OK.

The SD1 has been my favourite board for about 4 years. I took a testdrive on the Tyros and fell in 'love' again.
In other threads I wrote my feelings about her!

#154369 - 02/20/05 05:20 PM Re: Goodbye VA5 .... Hello Tyros :))) I'm finally going the "yummy" way
Luis.Santos Offline

Loc: Portugal
Roel,

I still can't believe you fell in love with the Tyros!...

I already tried several times... but I still doesn't like the Tyros... I guess it's a matter of personal taste. This is the reason why there isn't a perfect keyboard for everyone!
and by the way, I'm a pianist and I must have at least 76 keys...!

I will wait and wait for a future SD2 and until than I will continue to love my SD1!

Of course there are some things I like about the Tyros (music finder, OTS...) but I really prefer the drums, sounds and styles of my old SD1.

Well, good luck with your new "love"!

Luis Santos

#154370 - 02/21/05 06:34 AM Re: Goodbye VA5 .... Hello Tyros :))) I'm finally going the "yummy" way
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
Hi Luis,

I bought a Tyros and very nearly sold it after a couple of weeks. I had an XD9 (still have) and also regularly played an SD1. I loved the sounds of the Ketron/Solton stuff and also had other of their models previously.

I initially found the Tyros so very different in concept and it also sounded very "processed" to my ears in comparison - too much Echo and reverb etc.

However, there were certain things I quite liked about the keyboard so I kept it and now, some 4 months later, I have gradually got to like it more and more. So much so in fact that it would take something very special to wean me away.

I now find it difficult to believe that I agonised over keeping it at first. I still hate the feel of the keyboard and can't quite get some of the more gutsy "live" Pop, Rock, Country sounds and styles etc but I have tweaked many things now and it's pretty close to how I like it plus I now also have "CD" quality sounds such as ballads, jazz/swing etc.

I now gig with just the Tyros most of the time but still miss a decent trumpet and having the words to my songs on the screen (when just using a style). I also miss the sampled organs but have these on the XD as I also have a nice "warm" guitar which I just can't get on the Yamaha.

It has made me realise that if you stick with a keyboard then you can both get used to it's shortcomings and also really discover what the thing will really do

Now - if only someone would lend me a G70 for a month.......

KF

[This message has been edited by KFingers (edited 02-21-2005).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online