SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#154244 - 09/05/07 07:46 AM Re: opinions needed on the MusicPad Pro
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Dennis
I have had mine for two years and also paid the higher price. I take it everywhere and wouldn't be without it.

Bernie

#154245 - 09/05/07 08:48 AM Re: opinions needed on the MusicPad Pro
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
how does the lyric screen work in the tyros 2 for lyrics, i wouldnt need actual sheet music, has anyone used it?

------------------
Thanks,
Mikey

#154246 - 09/05/07 10:25 AM Re: opinions needed on the MusicPad Pro
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
I would not be without my Music Pad Pro. It has been worth every penny, and I have had it now for going on 2 years.

I do a variety of different things during the week, so the fact that it allows me to create different playlists for each event is terrific. Naturally there is overlap between the things and I am doing, so to sort the hard copy music in advance of each event would be time consuming at best.

I like the fact that I can annotate the pages and change them easily as other ideas come to me.

Now if only my Tyros 2 had playlists easily created from a songbook.................

#154247 - 09/05/07 10:28 AM Re: opinions needed on the MusicPad Pro
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Mikey, yep I use this feature all the time.

Tyros2 allows you to display .txt files of lyrics and/or chords, and also allows you to have them automatically called up via REG 1-8 buttons when saved in a Reg Bank File. I recommend creating lyrics files utilzing Windows "NOTEPAD". Each line can not exceed 63 characters, and the page length is 18 lines, with the 19th line begining page 2, etc. I can outline setup details (and further tips) by phone if you wish. Email me if interested.

Scott

#154248 - 09/05/07 01:47 PM Re: opinions needed on the MusicPad Pro
miden Offline

Loc: The World
so scott, you use both the mpp and the lyrics display on the t2? can you explain why? reason for the q is the sd1 has lyrics capabilities too, so maybe the mpp might be overkill..
thanks
dennis

#154249 - 09/05/07 02:08 PM Re: opinions needed on the MusicPad Pro
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Dennis: I primarily rely on the keyboard's text/chord display for my core library (250+) of songs in which I pretty much know by memory, but appreciate having lyrics/chords, as I can't also remember everything, especially when performing going from one song to another on the fly. The MusicPad pro I dedicate mostly to display fakebook leadsheets & scores, and especially useful in the studio when I want to work out arrangements. That said, because I have most of my entire fakebook library of leadsheets, scores, and books, it's really convenient to have this on hand at the gig, to fullfill song requests not in my core repetoire. One recently new feature I appreciate about the MusicPad Pro is the ability to display in portrait or landscape mode (two page). The advantage of landscape mode is that the pad's profile does not stick up to block the view between you and audience the way portrait mode or a music stand can. Even when I use the MusicPad, the audience has little idea I'm utilizing music. Then again, when I use it, i never stare at the music displayed, but merely glance at it now and again as needed, and instead maintaining important eye contact with the audience. Dennis, hope this provides a little more perspective on how I use the MPP. I guess it depends how important it is for you to have all your music (ditigally) in one place. Another consideration is security. Since I know have my entire music collection stored digitally, and within the confines of a small USB stick as well as backed up on a CD and online storage server as well, I'm able to travel to any destination and simply download my entire music collection to perform nearly anywhere in the world. - Scott

#154250 - 09/05/07 06:15 PM Re: opinions needed on the MusicPad Pro
miden Offline

Loc: The World
hey scott, thanks heaps for the informative answer, appreciate it as its exactly the info i was looking for...yes i agree that it would be great to have charts for all the songs i dont do on a regular basis in one location, and i have to agree a great idea for security too!!!(after all i have all my data backed up to a Lacie external drive,so one for all the charts makes sense) AND the laptop is so intrusive when it comes to using it in a live situation.........
sorry to be a copycat, but i think i might look at a similar system
frankieve is currently talking with me via emails about the possibility of getting one sent out here..so i'll let you know.
thanks again,
cheers
dennis

#154251 - 09/05/07 09:34 PM Re: opinions needed on the MusicPad Pro
montana Offline

Loc: red lodge,mt,usa
I'm downloading the VirtMus program now has anybody else tried it?

#154252 - 09/05/07 11:56 PM Re: opinions needed on the MusicPad Pro
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi montana

I played around with it for a bit and then got busy with other stuff. But, I can say it's pretty slick. Easy to operate and does what I'd want it to. The few things it didn't do, I used another free jpeg editor or two and it was fine.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online