SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#154144 - 11/02/05 09:14 PM Re: Video Clip: My Tyros1 Swan Song !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Shade of pale:
love the rhodes sound, which Tyros style that you used for the song

Tyros Style: Pop Bossa1
Tyros Voice: Galaxy EP

Thanks to everyone for the nice words. Interestingly enough, I personally didn't feel it one of my better performances, but I do credit the clip for subsequently landing me a lucrative Dec holiday gig booking. On another note, after re-listening to the clip, notice that the guy who recorded it, paused the recording in the middle (as evidenced by the annoying glitch) and then picked it up again near the end of the song. - Scott

#154145 - 11/03/05 07:36 AM Re: Video Clip: My Tyros1 Swan Song !
Shade of pale Offline

Loc: Allen, TX, USA
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scottyee:
[B] Tyros Style: Pop Bossa1
Tyros Voice: Galaxy EP

Interestingly enough, I personally didn't feel it one of my better performances,

Scott, thanks for answering, i do play this in Bossanova as well as 16beat sometimes. You might feel it's not one of your best, but I like the authenticity, the groove, and the loose feel (room to breath) in your playing, good performance!

tye

SD9, Audya5, Genos, Roland XP60, 2 Yamaha DSR12, 2 Yamaha Sub, 2 Turbosound 2000

#154146 - 11/03/05 07:56 AM Re: Video Clip: My Tyros1 Swan Song !
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Nicely done, Scott. And a well deserved round of applause.
Eddie

#154147 - 11/03/05 08:54 AM Re: Video Clip: My Tyros1 Swan Song !
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Well done Scott. Now, waiting for T2 songs
Chico

#154148 - 11/03/05 10:30 AM Re: Video Clip: My Tyros1 Swan Song !
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
Hi Scott....nice shirt!

Congrats! I really enjoyed the video.

Until T2
Armando

#154149 - 11/03/05 12:34 PM Re: Video Clip: My Tyros1 Swan Song !
Eric, B Online   content

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Scott

nice little video.
I enjoyed it a lot. Great singing and playing.

Next one will be on the T2......

Thanks for sharing.

Eric

#154150 - 11/03/05 05:08 PM Re: Video Clip: My Tyros1 Swan Song !
zalmi Offline

Loc: London, UK
Thanks ScottYee.

I've always wanted to see a vid of one of your performances, and I was impressed. It may not be one of your best performances, but your professionalism and 'oneness' with the music is very evident and musical. Incidentally it sounded to me that there was another instrumentalist playing (I was sure there was someone hiding somewhere on the side), because it sounds like a guitarist is playing some melodic accomp. in addition to your e piano (some of the time they actually seemed to mildly conflict with each other?) Where is that sound coming from?

Thanks for sharing. I loved it. Do you have any more?

Regards,

Zalman

#154151 - 11/03/05 06:13 PM Re: Video Clip: My Tyros1 Swan Song !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Eddie, Chico, Armando, and all others. Thanks for the nice comments.

Quote:
Originally posted by zalmi:
your professionalism and 'oneness' with the music is very evident and musical.

Zalman. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally posted by zalmi:
Incidentally it sounded to me that there was another instrumentalist playing (I was sure there was someone hiding somewhere on the side), because it sounds like a guitarist is playing some melodic accomp.

Zalman! Congratulations! you win the grand prize for observation. I was really beginning to wonder WHEN someone would finally NOTICE this. Indeed I included a guitarist with me on this gig. Though he's outside of the camera range, we was seated, & playing directly behind me. Because we had no chance to rehearse (last minute scheduling conflict), there was some difficulty in determining 'on the fly' whether he, I, or both of us, were to play melodic fills on this tune. One thing we must learn early in this biz, is that 'no matter what', you keep going, and don't let unexpected glitches throw you. The show 'must go on', and most of the time, the audience never notices. I think this video clip has effectively demonstrated this point, as considering all the other replies, you were the FIRST to point this out.

This leads me to an IMPORTANT point I'd like to make regarding live arranger keyboard performance. Here's what I've discovered. No matter how impressive our one man band arranger solo act may sound, the addition of even one other musician (or singer) in the act greatly enhances the audience's acceptance & appreciation of the act as a legitimate form of live acoustic music entertainment. There's a unique spontaneous musical exchange (energy) that occurs between musicians playing together which is absently missing in solo arranger kb performance. And it's this which separates a truly live band vs completely solo arranger keyboard performer, of which audiences (especially American audiences) have grown to expect in LIVE Band music entertainent.

Scott

#154152 - 11/03/05 07:15 PM Re: Video Clip: My Tyros1 Swan Song !
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Scott, I find the same thing is true when you take an additional singer along.

Graham

#154153 - 11/03/05 08:05 PM Re: Video Clip: My Tyros1 Swan Song !
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Kool, keep it up! T2!

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online