SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#153716 - 03/29/07 01:01 PM Re: KETRON lifts the ARRANGER bar .... AGAIN!!
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi AJ,
does it have event list editing?? for patterns A function I really miss in the SD1.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Ketron_AJ:

Yes, because you can now use the PATTERN EDITOR as a sequencer - nearly unlimited bars (loop points) with 32 tracks!!!

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#153717 - 03/29/07 02:38 PM Re: KETRON lifts the ARRANGER bar .... AGAIN!!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Any chance of a Chord Sequencer?

And I mean live looping of chord input, NOT pre-entered chords. Some of us play sax, t'bone, guitar, whatever. Without a chord sequencer, you HAVE to use SMFs for backing.....

#153718 - 03/29/07 10:14 PM Re: KETRON lifts the ARRANGER bar .... AGAIN!!
BlkNotes Offline

Dear Ketron AJ;

"Additional Sounds (up to 128) may be quickly loaded from Disk to the internal 64MB (expandable to 128MB) Internal RAM and a renewed Sampling section 44 KHz / 16bit is also provided."

Maybe if Ketron could expand this part of the Audya Keyboard. 128Mb is not a lot of storage space for additional sounds. It would be consumed very quickly. The additon of extra sound would allow user to customize their Ketron for their particular application. The Tyros 2 currently has 1 Gb expandable internal Ram. At least 1 Gb ( possibly 2 Gb) if not more would be a great addition. Aftermarket companies are starting to make larger samples. Capabilities of reading multi-format samples would be nice ( i.e Aiff, Wav, Akai, Giga etc..) This would open the door to selecting sample from various companies. Further, if the tranfer rates could be made at USB 2.0 speeds (480Mb/sec) or better then loading extra samples would be much easier & faster. Thanks for listening

PS--keep up the good work, the Audya looks promissing

Regards;
BN

#153719 - 03/29/07 11:57 PM Re: KETRON lifts the ARRANGER bar .... AGAIN!!
Stein67 Offline

2 important questions have been mentioned, but maybe AJ is not in a position to answer them at the minute.

1) Price
2) Release date (europe - Ireland for me)

AJ if you can shed any light, it would be appreciated, as this really does look very tempting. Cheers.

#153720 - 03/30/07 04:32 AM Re: KETRON lifts the ARRANGER bar .... AGAIN!!
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
I can't believe that I'm the only one who is interested in how many styles are on board? Or is that mentioned and I missed it.

Will there be 8 bar, 12 bar, and 16 bar loops? Or just plain old 4 bar loops? These two things are essential in my even thinking of another board.

Seventeen sliders sound great. Another big big down fall for me is what Diki mentioned. Sequencers are very important. I think great and easy sequencers with the option to use the variation changes and other functions while playing a sequence in a live act when playing another instrument of any kind is a must on an arranger board. I think this feature would draw more horn players into OMB situations because large bands venues are getting more and more scarce as time goes on.

What a large customer base the keyboard manufactures are passing up. I can’t believe that they haven’t figured this out yet with all the folks that work for them that probably went to college and studied marketing. Perhaps even the owner(s) studied marketing, eh?

#153721 - 03/30/07 05:31 AM Re: KETRON lifts the ARRANGER bar .... AGAIN!!
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by brickboo:
I can't believe that I'm the only one who is interested in how many styles are on board? Or is that mentioned and I missed it.

Nah, you're not the only one, and somewhere I did read 200 on board styles.
But maybe the addonstyles plays just as dynamic as onboardstyles this time?

GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#153722 - 03/31/07 09:25 AM Re: KETRON lifts the ARRANGER bar .... AGAIN!!
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
When I purchased my (Roland) auto-arranger keyboard, I went crazy downloading, borrowing, seeking out alternative patterns/dance styles. I ended up with probably about 600 that I stored on the computer. Do you know how many I've used on the job for the last 10 years. About a dozen! Why? Because I discovered no one even notices... on the job. Nowadays you're lucky if they even notice your melody line! Still....I'm looking forward to the new Ketron as I'll play it for sheer enjoyment for myself. My audience wouldn't know if I showed up playing a washboard with chopsticks!

#153723 - 03/31/07 08:20 PM Re: KETRON lifts the ARRANGER bar .... AGAIN!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I'd play a washboard with speakers before I play anything else without 'em.

#153724 - 04/03/07 12:04 PM Re: KETRON lifts the ARRANGER bar .... AGAIN!!
tonkan Offline

Loc: Sweden
What a dissapointment!
If I understand correctly Ketron has not skipped there completely useless operating system. No information of important features as Songbook/Music finder. Very limited registration memory.
Sounds and styles means nothing if it can not be operated in a proper way!
Look at Yamaha and Roland and make something smililair!
I hope I'm wrong otherwise it's no point of releasing this product!

#153725 - 04/04/07 12:48 AM Re: KETRON lifts the ARRANGER bar .... AGAIN!!
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
1. According to reports it is not due out until later in the year, so was most likely shown to the trade to find out what they think needs modifying for the final release.
2. If you listen to the video and read other reports, it says that the OS has been redesigned to allow easier use of all the facilities.
3. Remember the saying “One mans meat is another mans poison” so while you may enjoy the Yamaha OS, it does not mean that others will.
Enjoy whatever you play

Bill

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online