SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#153473 - 09/15/05 02:26 PM today was a happy day...
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
today was a happy day for me! i am visiting some friend of mine in sweden, in goteborg more exactly, and today i got the chance to see two big instruments stores. the bigest in this part of sweden.
i checked on each of the instruments i red about here on this forum.
i tested roland g70, pa1xpro, psr3000, tyros...
i am a proud owner of a pa50, i say proud because i realize (once again) that my instrument is actually quite nice one!!!

of course, all of these g70, 1xpro, etc are bigger and more impressive (and indeed more powerfull) but when it comes about sounds and styles, man, i am happy with my pa50.

what a liked best was the g70's keybed and screen, xpro's linear slider controls for sequencer, and maybe some editing screens for sounds, and psr3000's ease in operating the keyboard. man, that was fast! in 5 seconds i could play whatever style i wanted to, any sound, even though i didn t touch one of these keyboards before.

and by the way, compared to my pa50, the psr3000's fill-ins are more... reliable. they work in perfect timing, no mather when you press them, like it was some sort of quantize applied to them. i really liked that!! and i liked the colour screen quite alot!
but i really didn t like the key feel! too bad i guess they didn t care enough to add some decent keybed to this instrument!
sound wise, i am happy i choose pa.
most of the yam's sound (at least those i've tried: sax, accordion, drums, even piano) are quite far away from pa's sounds, IMHO. they sounded to me just like someone said in this forum: to much like "supermarket music"!
but again, i liked so much how easy you can operate the psr.

i spent some time also talking with the owner of one of thise stores. he was amazed to hear i am from romania and still i know alot of things (we talked about "unexisting yet" tyros2 also) and he was quite nice and told me some interesting things about the future. he is not a profet, though!!

best to you!

#153474 - 09/15/05 06:30 PM Re: today was a happy day...
zuki Offline

Thanks for the great story. I felt as if I were with you on your journey at the store. I am interested in the PA50. I also had the 3000. It is a great board in a lot of ways, but just not the one for me. In fact, staying within the $800 - $1000 range, my choices are few. Currently I have no keyboard and get fed reading others' successes.
Regards,
zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#153475 - 09/16/05 07:00 AM Re: today was a happy day...
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
I need to check out the PA50. Sounds like a really good board. Lots of people are impressed with it. Fairly reasonable pricing also.
Starkeeper

#153476 - 09/17/05 05:49 PM Re: today was a happy day...
zuki Offline

I've played the PA50 over the last month at Sam Ash. At first I really liked it, but later I didn't care for the key feel or the fill timing.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#153477 - 09/18/05 02:14 PM Re: today was a happy day...
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
tomorow i'll go back home! i can't wait to play my PA50 again! these two weeks without it i felt i just waisted time! i am happy i've just been able to visit these great stores with alot of instruments. back home there is nothing like that!
well, best to you all!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online