SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#153366 - 01/30/07 04:02 PM Re: Four Hammond B3's-Fasten Your Seat Belts!!!!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Now does any of this make you want to go out and find some players to play with, or do you want to get back to your arranger, in a room by yourself, and pretend that the rhythm section is listening?

It always seems to me that the videos of great musicians playing TOGETHER are the ones that everyone responds to and gets excited about music again........

Every now and again, turn OFF your arranger and find some friends to play with. You'll feel better for it..... Just use the B3 voices in your arranger, and concentrate on PLAYING, not working an arranger! And, if possible, find a club or a player with a real B3 and try to sit in, if it's OK with him (or her!). Oh, the things you'll learn.......

#153367 - 01/30/07 10:37 PM Re: Four Hammond B3's-Fasten Your Seat Belts!!!!
Spalding1 Offline

Loc: birmingham,england
The problem Diki is that most live musicians cant play anywhere near as well as those in the clips.And to lay well together you need to practise frequently. I have to be honest with you , i love jamming and playing with live musicians and i do every Sabbath at church but nothing allows me the creative freedom of an arranger. I get great quality sounds everytime, there are no discussions about what i have to play and i dont have to stop and teach the bassman that the line he is playing doesnt fit the chord progression i am using or have to stop altogether because the guitarist is playing completely different chords. Live playing with musicians is hit and miss. Some times you learn new stuff, sometimes you teach new stuff, sometimes the vibe is great and other times not. I get consistency with an arranger and i am very familiar with what it can do. You have to play with live musicians frequently (the same ones) to get great consistent results.And if they arnt feeling the same vibe as you it can actually spoil yours.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online