SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#153127 - 06/17/06 09:50 PM Re: NEW PSR-3000 i bought
Spalding1 Offline

Loc: birmingham,england
can i give you some advice retal ? Please dont go selling the psr3000 just to buy the RD700. From wht you have said you are a beginer player. I know lots of people who have spent thousands on a top of the range digital piano thinking that somehow the instrment would bless their hands and make them virtuosos only to find 6 months later that it has now become the most expensive book shelf they ever purchased !!!!!

There is far more you can do with the psr3000 than you could ever do with the RD700 in terms of musicality, creativity and sheer inspiration to learn and develope your music skills. But arranger playing is a slightly different discipline to straight piano playing. Thats not to say you cant use it simply for piano playing but you might find hat you have some limitations on straight piano pieces especially classical pieces written for a piano with the full 88 note range.

If you really hate the psr 3000 then by all means sell it but then purchase a deidicated digital piano. Go for an intermediate model. Others here will sugest some to you i am sure.

Until you have actually shown at least a couple of years dedication to learning to play piano, you SHOULD NOT EVEN BE CONSIDERING A TOP END DIGITAL PIANO.

Unless of course you are short of book shelf space.......

#153128 - 06/17/06 11:11 PM Re: NEW PSR-3000 i bought
retal Offline

Loc: Tel-aviv, Israel
Spalding1 you'r probably right.

bruno123... even if i sell it, probably it wont be to outside of israel because.. i douno how it is possible to ship such instrument via mail without tonoz of shipment money..

#153129 - 06/18/06 04:20 AM Re: NEW PSR-3000 i bought
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Retal, be happy, this forum has given you some good advice, explore the Psr3000 for a while, you will enjoy it and at a latter time add the Roland to it leaving with something good from both worlds.

After being a pro guitar player for many years I bought a keyboard –never played one before. After a while I would bring the keyboard on the job and midi it to my guitar, which gave me full accompaniment for my singing.
Then I began to play the keyboard part of the night. I now use only keyboard on all my jobs.
Now the good news is that I am having one heck of a good time, and now I have stepped up to playing piano. I take what I have learned on the keyboard and then apply it to my piano playing. Guitar to keyboard to piano, it’s pretty much a natural sequence.

Retal, enjoy it all every bit of it.

Just sharing, John C.

#153130 - 06/18/06 06:00 AM Re: NEW PSR-3000 i bought
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The best advice I have is to go to PSR Tutorial , join the forum, click on the Lessons Tab and explore this incredible keyboard in depth.

As for the keys, don't worry about the keyboard not feeling like a piano--it's an arranger keyboard. Pianos should have the key feel of a piano--not arranger keyboards. After a while, you'll forget about the piano, and with luck you'll be posting some beautiful music for all of us to hear.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#153131 - 06/18/06 07:22 AM Re: NEW PSR-3000 i bought
retal Offline

Any chance i can hear some songs made by the psr-3000?
the midi files in the psrtutorial sounds awful... i never liked midis, though i heard the .mp3s on travlineasy's site.. that sounds really good, but i've wondered if i can hear 80-90's even 2000's..

Or piano playing..

I heard those roland demos they'r playing, and i was in shock .. (?!)

Btw they even didnt send me the free usb lan adapter, which i emailed them twice about it... after waiting 2 months
[This message has been edited by retal (edited 06-18-2006).]

[This message has been edited by retal (edited 06-18-2006).]

#153132 - 06/18/06 07:56 AM Re: NEW PSR-3000 i bought
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The midi files at the PSR-Tutorial site will sound a lot better when you play them through the keyboard. They were never intended for playing directly through your computer, and when played using sequencer software they are not using the keyboard's sound engine. Download them your USB thumb drive, then put the drive in the keyboard's USB port and open the midis there and you'll hear a big difference.

As recording some new songs and posting them on my website, that's on the adjenda for late summer or early fall.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#153133 - 06/19/06 03:22 AM Re: NEW PSR-3000 i bought
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
Maybe you could get an 88 key weighted controller and drive the 3k with that?

#153134 - 06/19/06 05:04 AM Re: NEW PSR-3000 i bought
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
If money is an issue. Not only will you have to spend more for the RD700, but will also have to buy a half decent sound system for it.
Donny always says, it's the musician not the instrument. I have no doubt the RD700 sounds great, but you were probably listening to an excellent musician playing it. If that musician played the PSR3000, it would also sound great. There is a MIDI file of ESH (Jim), I believe, playing Moon River. It sounded great even on my PSR550.
I wish I could play like that.
What I'm saying is are your sure it's the instrument and not the musician?
Starkeeper

[This message has been edited by Starkeeper (edited 06-19-2006).]

#153135 - 06/19/06 11:46 AM Re: NEW PSR-3000 i bought
retal Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Starkeeper:
If money is an issue. Not only will you have to spend more for the RD700, but will also have to buy a half decent sound system for it.
Donny always says, it's the musician not the instrument. I have no doubt the RD700 sounds great, but you were probably listening to an excellent musician playing it. If that musician played the PSR3000, it would also sound great. There is a MIDI file of ESH (Jim), I believe, playing Moon River. It sounded great even on my PSR550.
I wish I could play like that.
What I'm saying is are your sure it's the instrument and not the musician?
Starkeeper

after some second thoughts im not going to sell it, it'll be a huge mistake selling something when i have almost no keyboard knowledge and my playing skills are low, first i need to maximize my playing skills.. then ill think about buying anything else..

I went too far for something that is really out of my league, and not related to money, but related to "Dont try to be a keyboard player, if you cant read notes"

Thanks for everybody who changed my thinking about selling my new psr-3000 before i have enough keyboard skills before thinking about switching any keyboard at all

Cheers,

Liran D.

#153136 - 06/20/06 07:24 AM Re: NEW PSR-3000 i bought
Dnj Offline

Good luck my friend you made a wise choice ....playing music is a life long lesson that always can be improved upon............& remember this.......
YOU play the keyboard.......
The Keyboard doesnt play you!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online