SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#153103 - 01/25/05 10:48 AM Re: Baby Boomers and their youngest kids....
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Same thing seemed to happen two years ago when a lot of the 40s standards were re-recorded by Rod Stewart--all the youngsters asked "Hey can you play some of the new songs by Rod Stewart?" Amazing, many of us were doing those songs before he even knew of their existance.

Gary

Hey Gary, how about before he was even born...looking for Green Banannas.....

#153104 - 01/25/05 11:32 AM Re: Baby Boomers and their youngest kids....
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
A lot of people were first exposed to standards when Willie Nelson recorded his "Stardust" album. BTW, it is one of my favorites. He maintains the integrity of the originals, but gives them his own special touch.
DonM

#153105 - 01/25/05 02:37 PM Re: Baby Boomers and their youngest kids....
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Three summers ago, a bussboy at the restaurant I work asked me if I ever learned "that guitar song from that Quinten Tarintino movie". I knew he was talking about a Dick Dale song from 1963 used in Pulp fiction.

I had played the tune many times in a surf band in California and had been on venues with Dick Dale, so I brushed the cobwebs away and played it (sounded really strange, but recognizable on a nylon string).

He was pretty impressed, until I told him that the last time I played it was 20 years before he was born. I think that was the same week another employee asked me where I got my antique Guild Starfire, and I had to tell him I bought it new.

Damn kids!

Russ

#153106 - 01/25/05 02:48 PM Re: Baby Boomers and their youngest kids....
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
where I got my antique Guild Starfire, and I had to tell him I bought it new.

...ouch!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online