SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#152771 - 05/19/06 05:35 AM Re: G1000 demo songs/arranger/realtime
Spalding1 Offline

Loc: birmingham,england
the truth is what we have always known. A good musician can make any keyboard sound cutting edge.

#152772 - 05/19/06 08:38 AM Re: G1000 demo songs/arranger/realtime
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Spalding1:
the truth is what we have always known. A good musician can make any keyboard sound cutting edge.

Spalding......Great Post & So Very True !!

#152773 - 05/19/06 10:06 AM Re: G1000 demo songs/arranger/realtime
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
I can even make my stylophone sound cutting edge, eat your heart out Rolf Harris

#152774 - 05/19/06 10:28 AM Re: G1000 demo songs/arranger/realtime
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
David Bowie always managed to use the Stylophone creatively....... Music comes from the musician, not the instrument (thank God!)

Somehow, Roland have lost their way, only using overproduced SMFs to demonstrate their arrangers, rather than what proved to be a very successful strategy in the past, and hiring very talented players to show what you can do in arranger mode.

As this thread demonstrates, you can get a lot of people impressed by a finely played demonstration of even 10yr old technology, even in the face of much more modern keyboards. The difference isn't in the keyboard, it's in the player!

Imagine what a good G70/E80 demo, done the same way as the G1000 demo, would do to the opinions of Roland's current line, which suffers from only being heard played in arranger mode by ourselves rather than a truly great player!

I had (still have, actually) a G1000 for 7 or 8 years, and I can positively say that the G70 is light years ahead of it, soundwise, but you would never know it from Roland's demos. They are overproduced to the point of disbelief, and desperately need a good realtime demonstrator to convince the doubters..........

#152775 - 05/19/06 10:31 AM Re: G1000 demo songs/arranger/realtime
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

Rolf Harris

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 05-19-2006).]

#152776 - 05/19/06 11:20 AM Re: G1000 demo songs/arranger/realtime
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Diki, Roland has a stable full of good musicians that demo their gear.
Over the past twenty years, I have known and met many of their great demonstrators..Going way back to the Eric Persing, John Campbell days..

Roland can definitely, still put together a great realtime demo if they choosed to do so..

Likewise, all the major companies has personnel to do the same..

I think for the most part, companies rely on SMF's ..they show what the instruments sound like in an easy to show way..

Since most arranger market customers are home players[don't doubt this to be true including the Tyros2], rather than a pro market[BTW the G800 series was the first line that was geared towards the pro market and not the home market]..
It looks now that Roland and the Other companies too, are content with the home market..

#152777 - 05/19/06 11:31 AM Re: G1000 demo songs/arranger/realtime
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
lmao Fran at the picture, nice one

#152778 - 05/19/06 12:03 PM Re: G1000 demo songs/arranger/realtime
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
have you seen the roland demos of the g70? The demonstrator is Michael Stegner. Watch it and whilst you're wathching ,ask yourself this very serious and pertinant question ...." has this guy ever played and arranger keyboard before doing this video presentation ? "http://www.rolandus.com/Multimedia/Flash/g70/index.html

Watch it and tell me if this guy isn't scared witless and he knows he is going to get rumbled...because he is completely uncomfortable with the instrument.

If Roland have great arranger demonstrators then will one pldease step up to the plate !

You cant even find a demo of the great Ralph Schink who has spent the last year (so i am told ) doing workshops with the G70. Did no one take a video camera ? Did Roland not see it as a great marketing opportunity ? If the G70 was ever all that ....why did not one professional Roland demonstrator show that ? When the T2 came out there were video demos every where and the result ? look at the converts on this forum alone !

FRan has found an old CD of the G1000 with outstanding demos on it played in arranger style. He doesnt have to convince me of the calibre of the instrument with words. The music did it.Where are the G70 CD's,DVD's , anything ? Roland dropped that instrument in terms of marketing almost as soon as it was launched.Even with the OS System upgrades there were and still are serious misgivings with the instrument and this is from the discussions i have picked up from the G70 denmark site. I am not bashing G70 , but i think Roland need to fire their production and marketing managers because there is an obvious problem somewhere. I only hope that the new E80 owners get a little bit more support.

Sorry . Was not meant to be a rant . But you understand the sentiments i hope .

Peace

Worth

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online