SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#152691 - 09/17/02 12:06 PM Re: No Digital Output on the Tyros?.....
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
There is an answer for everyone who needs an arranger with digital outputs: use MIDI to hook up a QY100 to a Motif.

#152692 - 09/17/02 12:14 PM Re: No Digital Output on the Tyros?.....
Shakil Offline

New Yorker

PA80 is arranger with TRITON sounds and synth engine.

#152693 - 09/17/02 01:42 PM Re: No Digital Output on the Tyros?.....
MusiKMan Offline

Loc: California, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by The Pro:
There is an answer for everyone who needs an arranger with digital outputs: use MIDI to hook up a QY100 to a Motif.

The Pro, you know, I have my Korg I30 Hooked up to my Studio via Midi, but would it be possible to actually use the Trinity and control the arrangements of my I30 via the Trinity? Or would I have to actually record everything as a midi file then play it on the Trinity?
I see that your idea would work, of course substituting the Motif for my Trinity and the QY100 for my I30, but,Would I use the soundsource of the Trinity or of the i30?
I have some knowledge of midi, but not so much. Only as much as that I know that my Studio controls my I30 or vice versa via midi. Thats about it....TIA

Best,

Musikman4Christ........

#152694 - 09/17/02 01:59 PM Re: No Digital Output on the Tyros?.....
New Yorker Offline

Loc: St. Petersburg, Russia
Shakil: you're making me laugh

The only thing that relate Triton and PA_80 together is the ENGINE. That's it. It doesn't mean PA_80 inherited same sequencer, arp, drums, option to add Triton cards and tons of other stuff that pa-80 could be dreaming about (and users like me).

UD: I knew this was coming :-) Of course Triton is not the best like anything that created is not the best. Relax, it was a form of expression.

#152695 - 09/17/02 09:50 PM Re: No Digital Output on the Tyros?.....
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
No sweat. I just never got on the Triton Bandwagon. Probably because of the poor piano sounds. I'll take a Motif any day over a Triton.

#152696 - 09/18/02 03:52 AM Re: No Digital Output on the Tyros?.....
trtjazz Offline

UD,
I'm with you....I don't think so and I prefer the Yamaha piano for sure more.
Terry

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 09-18-2002).]

#152697 - 09/18/02 05:47 AM Re: No Digital Output on the Tyros?.....
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
MusiKMan: I'm certain that you could use your Trinity to control your I30 arrangements and vice-versa via MIDI. I'm not a Korg person but I assume the Trinity would be the better sound source choice and that it has the digital outs that would be what you'd use in a studio environment. The only problem is that you have so many, maybe too many, options to choose from with this setup. I would think about creating a pencil diagram of the different functions you would like to realistically use (ie: control start/stop and/or verse/chorus style changes on I30 from Trinity, have midi output of I30 play sounds on the Trinity, etc.) and then go through your owner's manuals and decided which parameter settings matches each desired result. Keep a MIDI-diary of the changes you make and be sure to save your settings as your "studio setup". MIDI settings are not really that difficult and you will know MIDI in general far more after you've bulldozed your way through this process.

#152698 - 09/18/02 08:08 AM Re: No Digital Output on the Tyros?.....
MusiKMan Offline

Loc: California, USA
Thanks TP !! Yeah, I could never understand basically if its possible to assign stuff like that on the trinity. You know, like Start/Stop, fill in, variations, etc. I need to figure out how I would do this via midi though. I know that the trinity doesnt have dedicated buttons for stuff like that, so Thats why I dont understand how I would assign commands like that. One thing for sure is that its true the sounds of the Trinity are so beautiful so I would rather use those to play the song.. I need to do what you said. I try to make a diagram or something.. Dont know, maybe ask more questions, but thanks for the info anyway..Really appreciate it..

best,

Musikman4Christ........

#152699 - 09/18/02 09:07 AM Re: No Digital Output on the Tyros?.....
macbabbi Offline

Loc: New York
test

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online