SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#152445 - 10/13/05 07:34 AM Cakewalk Instrument Definition File for Tyros 2
Heiko Offline

Loc: Konstanz, Germany
Hello,

my friend Volker Zimmer has enlarged the Ins-File yamaha_kbds.ins with the definitions of Tyros 2.

The new file can be downloaded from his website http://www.onemansound.de/ or from my site: www.heikoplate.de - hpmusic - downloads - CW Ins-Files.

The file now includes definitions for PSR-8000, PSR-9000, Tyros and Tyros 2.

Cakewalk/Sonar-sequencers and my program PSRUTI allow comfortable revoicing of midifiles with the help of ins-files. This is performed using the model-specific voicenames and not by selecting the cryptic numbers MSB/LSB/Voice#.

Best regards
Heiko

#152446 - 10/13/05 08:45 AM Re: Cakewalk Instrument Definition File for Tyros 2
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Many thanks to Volker Zimmer for his hard work in creating the Tyros2 .INS def file, and SZ member Heiko Plate for providing the valuable DOWNLOAD LINKS.

This is the FIRST TIME I've seen a SINGLE 'instrument definition' file (yamaha_kds_1.13.ins) that covers instrument definitions for multiple keyboards: PSR8000, PSR9000, Tyros, and Tyros2. All prior .INS def files I've seen only included one specific keyboard model. I assume it's possible, in Sonar, to load ONLY the keyboard model .INS definitions you need, right?

Heiko: On another note, are you planning to UPDATE your software utility program: "PSRREG" to include support for Tyro2 as well?

- Scott

#152447 - 10/13/05 09:15 AM Re: Cakewalk Instrument Definition File for Tyros 2
Heiko Offline

Loc: Konstanz, Germany
Hello Scott,

indeed it is possible to include more than one model into only one file: With Cakewalk/Sonar and PSRUTI too. The user selects the file and then one of the models. Only the associated data will be loaded. It is a good method for XG-synthesizers, because the basic 480 XG-voices of bank 0 to 99 are the same for all models. Each XG-model uses the same data-block for these voices.

Concerning PSRREG and Tyros 2.
It is a hard job to add a new structure of registrations of a new model. My German friends often asked me to enlarge PSRREG with regs for PSR-2100, PSR1500 and PSR-3000. But I have no fun anymore to program a model, which can be buyed only for three or four years. It's a never ending job. I myself do not plan to get a Tyros 2, but somebody told me, that the T2-registrations are compatible with T1. If he is right, then you can apply PSRREG/Tyros for Tyros2 also. Let us wait for the first T2-Registrations.

My best regards
Heiko

#152448 - 10/13/05 09:20 AM Re: Cakewalk Instrument Definition File for Tyros 2
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Heiko:
somebody told me, that the T2-registrations are compatible with T1. If he is right, then you can apply PSRREG/Tyros for Tyros2

Heiko, ahhhh! I think I remember now hearing this as well. If I'm lucky enough to become one of the first Tyros2 owners here, I'll be sure to REPORT back & confirm whether Tyros1 REGs are compatible with Tyros2 or not. - Scott

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online