SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#152433 - 02/12/04 09:37 PM Serious problem in Korg's New Baby PA-50
hiteshs1 Offline

Loc: Mumbai,Maharashtra,India.
I purchased a PA-50 Ten days back.It is shocking that from last four days it totally Freezes after a use of around one hour.Nothing works.Neither Functions nor the keys.Only way to come out is shut the Keyboard and Restart.Again same problem comes after use of around one hour.On approch to the Distributor initially they there is no problem.Today they say yah,it has a problem and they will change a part.They are not at all ready to replace the Keyboard just 10days old.It is shocking and shameful on the part of KORG.
According to me in the future you have to buy the KORG keyboards on your own risk and if it fails Korg will do its Surgery on your risk as they have done faith on you by making Substandard Keyboards and sold to you, so you have to bare it..........
Effected by KORG

#152434 - 02/13/04 02:49 AM Re: Serious problem in Korg's New Baby PA-50
trtjazz Offline

I'm surprised your dealer won't replace it afteronly 10 days. Perhaps next time you should buy somewhere else.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#152435 - 02/13/04 04:28 AM Re: Serious problem in Korg's New Baby PA-50
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
I sometines get this problem on my Ensoniq SD1 and it is always a loose edge connector or a chip creeping out of its socket. I now take the keyboard apart at regular intervals just to re-seat all the chips! Chip creep is caused by the chips heating up and cooling down again.

It is quite possible that movement of this nature could happen in transit.

Similarly we used to have a computer in the office that would periodically not boot up. Lid off, waggle all hard disc connectors, lid on, computer fixed again!

#152436 - 02/13/04 05:54 AM Re: Serious problem in Korg's New Baby PA-50
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
They are not at all ready to replace the Keyboard.It is shocking and shameful on the part of KORG.[/B]

The option to replace it is the dealer's, NOT Korgs, but even so ..... most reputable retailers would have swaped that for an identical model kb. If your dealer doesn't give you any satisfaction (that's the part you actually PAY for...) then I suggest that you send it to Korg direct and deal with the supplier. As an end user, you may have more chance of getting what you want. Give the company a chance - it's not their fault that the dealer is uncooperative.

#152437 - 02/13/04 07:28 AM Re: Serious problem in Korg's New Baby PA-50
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Here in the US, Korg has always replaced any defective keyboard I have recently sold with no questions asked. If I, the dealer,chooses to have it fixed, that is my choice. Korg has always been outstanding at getting replacements out to us by priority overnight or second day delivery if we don't have another in stock. Yamaha, Roland, Ketron and Generalmusic have been equally responsive in similar fashion.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#152438 - 02/13/04 10:03 PM Re: Serious problem in Korg's New Baby PA-50
hiteshs1 Offline

Loc: Mumbai,Maharashtra,India.
Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
Here in the US, Korg has always replaced any defective keyboard I have recently sold with no questions asked. If I, the dealer,chooses to have it fixed, that is my choice. Korg has always been outstanding at getting replacements out to us by priority overnight or second day delivery if we don't have another in stock. Yamaha, Roland, Ketron and Generalmusic have been equally responsive in similar fashion.
Dear Mr.George and Uncle Dave,

I have apporched company,who are a sole distibutors of Korg products in my country who says Korg only is not giving us replacement,hoe can we give one to you?
Now tell me whom should I blame?????

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online