SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#152166 - 10/18/02 10:47 AM Arranger KB: Multi-Pads PLEASE !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
How many of you guys (and ladies) use the arranger's Mulit-pads? As I have mentioned several times before, the multipad feature on both the Yamaha & Technics keyboards are really a terrific feature which gives us the ability to provide even more 'live feel' to our arranger keyboard performance. The problem is that it's often difficult (if not impossible) to play them concurrently while playing the keyboard with BOTH hands at the same time. I only wish the multipads could be triggered via multiple foot controler pedals which would free BOTH hands to actually playing the keyboard. I brought this up with Steve Deming (Yamaha) and he concurred that adding foot controler access would improve the mulitpad feature and promised to forward my request to Japan or whoever at Yamaha is responsible for product development.

In the meantime, I hope the other arranger keyboard manufacters are listening too, and will seriously consider adding the muti-pad feature as well as having the multipads trigger-able via remote foot controler pedals as well.

Dan O'Neil & AJ (Ketron). I think the above feature would really enhance the SD1/XD9. Could you guys possibly suggest this to Sandro (real nicely)

Thanks,

Scott

#152167 - 10/18/02 10:48 AM Re: Arranger KB: Multi-Pads PLEASE !
MarcK Offline

I find them useful "theoretically", but in practice, for some reason I almost never use them. On the PSR-2000 I particularly like the Piano Man, Salsa Show, and the various guitar strummings. I find it impressive the the Multi-Pads can be recorded to the sequencer.

#152168 - 10/18/02 10:54 AM Re: Arranger KB: Multi-Pads PLEASE !
trtjazz Offline

Scott
I used them on my 9000 while recording and like them but on my PA I thought they kind of sucked and didn't use them.
Terry

#152169 - 10/18/02 11:04 AM Re: Arranger KB: Multi-Pads PLEASE !
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
The pads on the PA80 are more useful to me as controllers. i use them to shut of certain voices or trigger certain switches. They don't play phrases like they do in the Yamaha and others.

#152170 - 10/18/02 11:11 AM Re: Arranger KB: Multi-Pads PLEASE !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi MarcK: I myself find the Multipads VERY useful in live performance adding real life like excitementto a song when used in just the 'right' places. What I like is that you can trigger more than one multipad sequence to play at once, which allows you to build both the energy/complexity of the background accompanment thru a song. The other terrific thing about the multi pads is the ability to add spontaneous drum hits (kick, high hat, ride cymbal, etc) at key places to emulate what a real live drummer does when playing. I'm confident that being able to trigger the Multipads via remote foot controler pedals (instead of just with your fingers) would make what is currently more theoretical & impratical, into something much easier achieve while playing the keyboard with both hands, and as a result would end up being something you'd actually find very useful, in both practice and performance.

#152171 - 10/18/02 11:26 AM Re: Arranger KB: Multi-Pads PLEASE !
George Pchakjian Offline

Loc: Irvine Ca, USA
Scottyee, I love the multy pads on my Yamaha, and use them all the time,..
Your Idea is a great one, Since I run into the situation myself, being occupied with both hands, need that extra peddle to trigger the multy pads..

------------------
Salamat

JerjyBeck

JerjyBeck

#152172 - 10/18/02 12:07 PM Re: Arranger KB: Multi-Pads PLEASE !
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
The multi-pads are very much a part of my presentation on a lot of songs. Very seldom though, do I ever use them at 100% volume when going through an amp. They are but a spice in the recipe.
Eddie

#152173 - 10/18/02 01:20 PM Re: Arranger KB: Multi-Pads PLEASE !
Dnj Offline

Yamaha's 9k multi pads are boring and very repetitive loops. The Multipad feature is usefull in theory, BUT......you have to record your OWN 16 bar loops to make it realistic for sure.

#152174 - 10/18/02 01:43 PM Re: Arranger KB: Multi-Pads PLEASE !
rgtaa Offline

i use to share all the time about the multipads and how cool they are.

NOT the DEFAULT ones... THEY SUCK! I got alot from web and psr styles forum last year... VERY COOL! SAX solos, guitar riffs, all types of multibar loops! Pages of Blues, Rock, ect... very cool!

I don't like the 1 bar stuff ... because you have to touch it all the time ... like others wrote ... but ... it add's alot of spice to the psr9000 ... without it ... the styles are nice like others say ... but with the spiced up Multipads ... the psr9000 shines! Really Rocks!
I haven't recorded my own ... but with chord sensitive solos and riffs ect.. it's amazing!

#152175 - 10/18/02 01:45 PM Re: Arranger KB: Multi-Pads PLEASE !
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I personally love the multi pads.. You can do so many different things with them in a performace.. Plus I too like being able to have all 4 playing at once.. My only gripe is the PSR-550 doesn't allow you to loop your user pads....
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online