SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#152033 - 10/22/07 12:40 PM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
Dnj Offline

Ha ha I had a client come up & say to me this weekend "Im glad you got rid of that "POLE THING" (Bose PAS )....these sound so much better" refereeing to my Mackie SRM450's.... www.mackie.com

Honestly I enjoyed the Bose for a while but all those pieces (4pc) to set up & carry & unzipper & squeeze back into (4pc)covers annoyed me too much for a mono system.

#152034 - 10/22/07 03:17 PM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
i have never used the L1 but have listened to 3 bands using it and i preferred the sound they had before they started using it. i have heard negative audience and event promoter comments as well. i know one event coordinator who told a folkie that if he brought back that pole to the next week's street fair he was fired. i'm sure it must have its good points, as i have read raves from musicians who use it and love it. but maybe it's not as great for those on the other side of the stage? dunno, just asking. anyone use it who had decent equipment before who got fedback from the same audience they liked it better?

------------------
Miami Mo

#152035 - 10/22/07 03:54 PM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
Dnj Offline

Mo l3ets face it its a great sound system for what it was designed to be used for ....
"Personal Audio System" .....its was hijacked and made to be used for more then that bands squeezing into one pole 2 subs & beyond...pushing power thru it beyond its capabilities etc, etc, & other non designed traditional uses....which is fine ....
but it has its limits....I tried it , I sold it, I just prefer TOTL powered speakers for my needs like Mackie, Yorkville, EV. Let your ears be your guide NOT your wallet

#152036 - 10/22/07 09:09 PM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
keysvocalssax Offline

I'm wondering how many bought L1's based on going to someone's gig and hearing them and saying wow, that sounds so great i have to get me one...and how many bought one because of what the reviews said or forum members said or what the theoretical advantages seemed to be-- and then were committed to loving them after laying down so much cash (and they certainly have their good points). Maybe it's something like the study they did of vodka drinkers who swore adoration of Grey Goose or Ketel-1 or some other preemie brand, but in a blind taste-off could not distinguish the brand they were so convinced was far superior in taste to a low-price brand. Maybe the L1 doesn't really sound all that great as the musicians who buy them say they sound. I would like to hear from audiences who love them and bookers who love them. so far I myself have not been impressed, people i know who listen are not impressed, and a couple of promoters i know don't like them at all. what's happening here? Where's the' emporer's clothes?

------------------
Miami Mo

#152037 - 10/23/07 12:35 AM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Miami Mo
I have heard them many times, (Mainly 2 used in stereo) as have others and the views are mixed, however one thing I have noticed is that those that take time to set up the speakers for the venue and adjust them during the performance (Bose supply remotes) to suit the music, make them sound totally superb,. (Forget your Makies etc, they sound like castrated dogs) but those that do not set them up correctly, make them sound like a wind up gramophone horn with a sock stuffed in it. (The Bose are more critical of setup then standard type speakers)
Interesting topic

Bill

#152038 - 10/23/07 02:41 AM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
(Forget your Makies etc, they sound like castrated dogs)

www.mackie.com

man I'm glad I sold my Bose Pas biggest waste of money for an overated mono sound system....a simple A/B with 2 Mackie SRM 450's & a SWA1501 would confirm this beyond a shadow of a doubt.

#152039 - 10/23/07 07:20 AM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
keysvocalssax Offline

this is getting interesting--too bad it's way at the end of a thread about the new pa2x and more people, including bose fans, aren't reading it and chiming in

------------------
Miami Mo

#152040 - 10/23/07 07:28 AM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I thought the Bose L1 sounded pretty weak...and it's MONO...

Wasn't it originally designed for the solo vocalist/guitarist...seems to be prominently featured in their promotions?

Does nothing for an arranger, IMO.

Give me two powered speakers in stereo any day.

Ian

#152041 - 04/02/08 11:54 PM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
We just parked our Mackie system in favor of the L1 mod II and Tone Match. This system is like having a HiFi System in a Venue.

Anyone sanding within 180 degrees of the "pole" hears EXACTLY the same sound including the wife and I. Stereo is not needed because its only good for those who are in the middle of the speaker array. The rest get an unbalanced sound.

The Mackies were LOUD. The Bose PAS is musical.

Those who sat on the sides received the sound bouncing off a wall floor or ceiling. The Bose are direct to 180 degrees and no ceiling or floor reflections. The most amazing thing is the clarity.

Set up and Strike takes 10 minutes, The Tone Match has preset scenes for different venues and players who may join us. It was the best $3000 we ever spent on our gig. AND the best part is when you go to sell it you don't lose much. They sell on Ebay for 3/4 of their retail value because they are not discounted at all by the dealer agreements keeping the value up.

That all said I am still trying to decide between the Yamaha and Korg........
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#152042 - 04/03/08 05:18 AM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Give me two powered speakers in stereo any day.Ian

Ian I gotta agree with you....many people have to justify teh $3000.00 they spend sometimes forcing the brain to believe its worth it over other great systems......the Bose has its place ....but not for me ....I'm glad I sold mine & will not look back again.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online