SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#152043 - 04/03/08 05:21 AM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Well said, I beleive a perfect balance, would be to add a horn or some type of direct speaker to a Bose to get that "loud" effect.

All major sized venues use Line array set-ups which is what the Bose is a minature version of.

I love a great sound system, I do not like just loud, if you can make it musical and a decent volume I'm all for it.

BTW I have 4 of the double bass packages, for when I play solo, duet and up to 8 piece, the set-up time is great, the monitoring is great, the coverage is amazing.

But there are times when that "loud" factor is needed or missed, I guess nothing is perfect, just depends on each situation

#152044 - 04/03/08 05:34 AM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
Dnj Offline

Having a few different systems Frank to mix & match is a great way to go, no two rooms are the same......they are all just more tools in the box

#152045 - 04/03/08 05:36 AM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
What if you don't want to fill the room with sound?

In some venues, patrons who do not want to listen to the music, or prefer it at a lower volume, can sit further away from the speakers.

This is not possible with the Bose system.

It's not for everyone...and certainly not for those who like to play in stereo.

Ian

#152046 - 04/03/08 01:09 PM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

Ian I gotta agree with you....many people have to justify teh $3000.00 they spend sometimes forcing the brain to believe its worth it over other great systems......the Bose has its place ....but not for me ....I'm glad I sold mine & will not look back again.

DNJ, When you HAD one you could not shout its praises loud enough. It was the best pa system EVER and you would never need anything else again.
DonM

#152047 - 04/03/08 01:28 PM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
Dnj Offline

Don....yes I did at that time it was ok....but after a few months & various gigs is where the truth lies.......I never said it was bad ...I said it wasn't for me & my setup & transport tolerance & needs at my gigs.....so I went in another direction that suited me better.....the BOSE PAS is NOT the "answer all" issue sound reinforcement gear for sure.....on a 1-10 scale I give it a strong 7 1/2. Hey if it works for whomever ...more power to ya!

#152048 - 04/08/08 12:13 AM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
To people who claim those who bought the Bose are committed or have to live with them do not realize you have 45 days to "uncommit" yourself if you do not like them. Thats a lot of gigs. Try returning SRM450's to Mackie after a month and a half. Bose service is extremely personalized and they are very helpful in solving issues. The cost is high. The resale is fantastic and the service is unlike any manufacturer.

The sound is as good as the operator as in all cases.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online