SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#152013 - 09/19/07 05:47 AM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
zuki Offline

No one above mentioned much about 76 keys. Isn't that on the most wanted list for most arranger players (including me). Korg is probably reading this thread and thinking "we can't please anyone".

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#152014 - 09/19/07 06:21 AM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
tony harbour Offline

Loc: wilts,england
I am tempted by this new Korg - it may be the next one - i have a Roland G70 but as guarantee has run out that;s a good excuse to spend some pennies . Also i like the flash memory for storing samples - interested in totaltransformation theatre organ samples amongst others - are the demos on that site for real? thy sound way above even the atelier 90s . Good to see they have doubled the polophony of the Pa1X . I am disappointed in the songbook (according to PA800 manual which i believe this pro model is loosely based on) only having "some 100" factory presets included - the equivalent tyros / roland have many hundreds . I have my usual 3 yearly £1000 to spend (never budge pass that limit if i can help it!) in p/x so will probably have to wait some time before price gets within reach..

If the G80 or Tyros 3 is imminent then they better hurry , a lot of people could go for the Korg as they are the quickest to bring out a new pro keyboard, and it's been quite a while now..

[This message has been edited by tony harbour (edited 09-19-2007).]

#152015 - 09/19/07 09:26 AM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
Tom NL Offline

Loc: Holland
Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
No one above mentioned much about 76 keys. Isn't that on the most wanted list for most arranger players (including me). Korg is probably reading this thread and thinking "we can't please anyone".

Well, in case Korg should read this thread: This is just the keyboard I have been waiting for! I had the PA800 in my house for a few days and although I was very much impressed by it's sounds and features, I returned it because I quickly learned that I was spoiled by having the 76 keys and the superior keyfeel of the Roland G70. I did try the PA1X-Pro, and also liked the keyfeel on that, but thought it would be a step back in technology in comparison to the G70.

I also like the clean-cut, stylish looks and the extra features it adds to the PA800 technology besides the 76 keys, like the harddisk and MP3 player. So yes, I will demo it as soon as it hits the store and will most likely end up buying one (and selling my G70 for it).

#152016 - 09/20/07 05:57 AM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I don't think it's a fair comparison to ever put a "slient slab" up against a "speaker box" keyboard.
I believe the buyers who prefer either .... have specific reasons for that preferance.

In my buying decisions, a G70 or T2 is not even considered in the same trip with a PA800 or an s900. It's a separate animal to me. Sure, they all live at the same zoo, but they belong in different cages.
(too many animal refs?)

Just saying ...... PA800 buyers are not neccisarily candidates for a PApr2x-whatever, even with more keys. ) IF that's something you like. For me - it's a negitive)

#152017 - 09/20/07 06:04 AM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom NL:
[/b]

I did try the PA1X-Pro, and also liked the keyfeel on that, but thought it would be a step back in technology in comparison to the G70.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Huh?

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#152018 - 09/20/07 09:33 AM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
He said..
"I did try the PA1X-Pro, and also liked the keyfeel on that, but thought it would be a step back in technology in comparison to the G70."

#152019 - 10/17/07 11:14 AM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
If this had come out in u.s. 6 months ago it would have been a no-brainer for me. but now i have to consider that I've been into the E60, working with a "less is more" attitude, and i'm not sure i want to spend double what i paid for the E60 for a keyboard that is 11 lbs heavierand lacks speakers..just to have more sounds/styles and a much better os. I do see a dichotomy brewing here between those who see themselves as arranger-entertainers for whom features, features, and more features within 61 keys seems most desired..and those with a more musician/performer image placing value the 76 keys and semi-weighting. it's not a sharp dichotomy, there is overlap, but it is seeming to go that way. for the 2nd group, only the lack of speakers would disadvantage the pax2 to the pa800..they would go for the pax2 even if it had not iota of improvement over the pa800--because of the 76 and keybed.

------------------
Miami Mo

#152020 - 10/17/07 02:21 PM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I guess the speaker thing is about whether you envision yourself ever playing a gig where the built in speakers WOULD be adequate...

Personally, I can count on one hand the number of times that any arranger's sound system would be clean enough and loud enough to project in the rooms I play in my gigs. Add to that a home studio system built around some really decent studio monitors (Mackie HR824's at the moment) and the only thing that built in speakers would do for me is add even MORE weight!

I would be curious to know what percentage of working players here don't have to use additional speakers at gigs... Damn few, I'd wager. Once you get up into that $3000+ range, it seems a false economy to play an arranger of that price through the decidedly inferior internal speakers. Inferior, at least to the kind of externals that anyone with that kind of cash to spend could afford.

You just bought the best TOTL arranger that money could buy (Wersi excepted!)... Now you are going to play it through 3" or 4" speakers? Even home users (especially home users, I would say, as they are not transporting their keyboard all the time!) can realize a HUGE improvement in sound going to a decent pair of studio monitors, rather than built-ins.

Mid-line and budget, I really CAN see the need (still mostly financial), but to play a TOTL through little speakers doesn't really do it justice (or your audience)...

#152021 - 10/17/07 02:53 PM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Uncle Dave,
have to agree, I bought my PA800 only a few days ago, fully aware PA2x would be coming out sooner or later. They even had details on the website.
Don't need the 76 keys, & like having onboard speakers.
I like it's portability.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
[B]
Just saying ...... PA800 buyers are not neccisarily candidates for a PApr2x-

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#152022 - 10/17/07 02:57 PM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Diki
I have to agree you. The speakers on the PA800 sound great, with plenty of bottom and volume. The problem is that the sound still seems to localized.

I will take my Bose everywhere, I guess.

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online