SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#152003 - 09/17/07 07:40 AM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
ykc Offline

Loc: Denver, CO USA
I know it's early, becuase no one has heard the board yet, but I still remember all the boo hoos about the disconnect between the fills and the styles on the PA800. I wonder if this was ever an issue with the PA1X... and if it was, will it carry over to the 2X?

#152004 - 09/17/07 09:46 AM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Hi Al. I actually didn't find these on arrangerworld at all, but used my screen capture utility program: SNAG-IT , to create screen capture "stills' from the http://www.korg.de/ link TOM NL provided. If I had found these or similar pics posted on your site, I would have certainly credited you. That said, mine are relatively lo resolution, so if the pics at your site are of higher resolution (providing more detail/clarity), it might be nice if you can share a link to yours. Thanks. - Scott

We both must be fast on the "Draw" (Pun Intended), no harms no fouls, great work!

Peace, brother.

Regards,
Al www.arrangerworld.com

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#152005 - 09/17/07 09:49 AM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
2nd generation boards are always exciting because the Manu. get's to fix the fundemental flaws in their keyboards.

I'm anxious to know if they have the Oasys sound engine on the New PA2x, how are their "SA" voices, and what type of style make up solution they have included.

------------------
Al Giordano
http://www.arrangerworld.com

Tyros 2, Yamaha P-250, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums, Roland SPD-S.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#152006 - 09/18/07 08:30 AM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
Tom NL Offline

Loc: Holland
Some more information on the Korg Hungary site (of all places). There are two great high res pictures here. The upper half of the top surface seems to have a white (metallic) finish.... I don't know what to think of that, but I am quite sure it won't effect the way it sounds .

The official specs are also here, but all in Hungarian.... Can't make much of that.

I stumbled upon the link when I searched for news on the PA2X on the Korgforums.

Tom.

------------------
Tom NL

#152007 - 09/18/07 08:42 AM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
Spalding 4 Offline

Loc: UK
It seems that the PA2X is simply a repackaged PA800 and the PA800 was a PA1X with better poly and sampling ram. The only significant difference other than that was the introduction of the guitar mode which was really the only innovation between the PA1X and PA800 . Just who exactly needs a motorised display screen ?????????? Just an adjustable one would have done nicely.

Does anyone have any info on how long it will take to load 512mb of ram into the new PA2X ? That could be really significant in terms of its useability in live use but simply wonderful in the studio .

For those with the PA1X and PA800 there is little need to change unless you really need the extra sampling ram and 76 keys. I know the PA800 and the PA2x are supposed to have a new sound engine but in all honesty , i cant hear the difference to the old technology. I challenge anyone to close their eyes and tell me if they can hear a difference between them. And I have listened carefully.

The problem for Korg is that they made a ground breaking and outstanding instrument in the PA1x and they have now simply run out of ideas !!!

PS for those that are keen on selling up or dipping into their savings for this "new " Board please ask yourselves why you did not purchase the PA1X pro or PA800 ?? If you did not like either of those and you dont do a lot of sampling (I dont know anyone on this board other than myself that uses an arranger this way ) then think hard about the wisdom in this purchase.Better to buy a PA1Xpro or elite version 3 as it will be so much cheaper and will have vertually the same capabilities , styles and sound quality.

You can be certain that any new styles in the PA2X will become available in the PA1X and PA800 within the next few months

[This message has been edited by Spalding 4 (edited 09-18-2007).]

#152008 - 09/18/07 09:10 AM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
Tom NL Offline

Loc: Holland
Quote:
Originally posted by Spalding 4:
It seems that the PA2X is simply a repackaged PA800 and the PA800 was a PA1X with better poly and sampling ram. The only significant difference other than that was the introduction of the guitar mode which was really the only innovation between the PA1X and PA800 . Just who exactly needs a motorised display screen ?????????? Just an adjustable one would have done nicely.

It seems that this PA2X is based on the PA800 technology, but hey isn't that what all manufacturers do? In this case they introduced the PA800 first and now the model with 76 semi-weighted keys, no speakers and some pro-features like the MP3 player with transpose function (like the Audya) and 40Gb harddisk. I agree that PA800 owners will not likely be tempted to go for the PA2X unless 76 keys is a must. The same goes for Yamaha: S900 owners will probably not pay the extra bucks for the Tyros2 (almost double the price of the S900). I'm not defending Korg (I have a Roland G70 BTW) but just stating the facts.

By the way, I also agree with you that a motorised display seems a bit over the edge. I would have chosen to invest those bucks in something else (chord sequencer perhaps ).

------------------
Tom NL

[This message has been edited by Tom NL (edited 09-18-2007).]

#152009 - 09/18/07 09:42 AM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
Booby Offline

Hi,

for those of you interested in a Pa1X <-> Pa2X comparison you can click
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27865&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

for a list from a german demonstrator.

Regards.

#152010 - 09/18/07 09:54 AM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
TommyF Offline

Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark
And the same German demonstrator - Jürgen Sartorius - has made this comparison table:

Comparison KORG PA800 PA2X Tyros2

From this we can learn that the Korg Pa2X is basically a Pa800 with more keys (76 instead of 61), more sample memory (256 mb instead of 64 mb), and more sliders (9 instead of 2). But it wont have the great built-in speakers of the Pa800.

Kind regards,
Tommy

#152011 - 09/18/07 11:19 AM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
I have not heard the PA2x but I have heard the PA800, and the voices (Providing you have OS 1.5 or above) do stand out above the PA1x, with most voices matching or bettering the Yamaha SA Voices.
I personally however would not recommend going from a PA1x to a PA800, as while you do get extra performance features and better sounds, the amount of features you loose from the PA1x makes this a false economy.
The PA2x on the other hand (which appears to be based on the PA800) should really be a force to be reckoned with, particularly as the PA1x is already a cracking board.
Just my thoughts

Bill

#152012 - 09/19/07 05:17 AM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
Dnj Offline

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online