SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#152023 - 10/17/07 04:05 PM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
it's NOT about playing a gig with the onboard speakers, i'd be surprised if there were any out there that do that--it's just about having them as a convenience. when i'm just practicing or trying out different features, etc. there's no need to plug into a home studio unless i want to really hear it that way. i can take my kb out to my barn in ct when it's warm and practice there..i can move from one room to another, i can take it to another musicians' house to work out some things w/o an amp. (these are all advantages of a lightweight keyboard as well. Furthermore, if the onboard speakers have adequate power, as the E60's do..and the Korg..they serve as personal monitors on the gig in intimate situations and no other monitoring is needed.

------------------
Miami Mo

#152024 - 10/17/07 07:48 PM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
No one has mentioned the Balanced outputs?? I believe that is a first and something that has been wanted here for some time. Yes?

#152025 - 10/18/07 03:54 AM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
Booby Offline

Hi,

yes the audio connectivity, with balanced in/out and digital out, is first class, no doubt.

Best regards.

#152026 - 10/18/07 04:52 PM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
The idea of on board speakers for me is to serve as a monitor ... no matter what position I need to be in to serve the room's needs. Sometimes the PA is not in optimal listening range for me, so the KB is my monitor. Since using the Bose ( 2 yrs or so, now )it's less of an issue, but there are still plenty of times that I only use the on board speakers. Nursing homes, cocktail hours, (some small)house parties ...etc
Speakers are a must in my rig. That's why I can't even compare models that do not offer them. They loose at the gate.

#152027 - 10/18/07 09:12 PM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
RobertG Offline

Loc: Southeastern PA, USA
Dave: I also always have a need for my own monitor. I have just resolved that with a T2 it's a requirement. It wouldn't ax out a pa2x from consideration for me.

#152028 - 10/19/07 06:58 PM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Yup, I'm spoiled...no matter how loud or soft the main room needs to be .. I have my "perfect mix" right in my face where I can be the most attentive to it. Since the Bose reproduces teh sound so well....I never have to worry about what the crowd hears, because i KNOW it's right !

#152029 - 10/20/07 05:23 PM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Do many of the speakered arrangers have separate control for speaker volume vs. line out volume?

I can see how the arranger's speakers might be useful as a monitor, but if you wish to turn it up or down, does that effect the main outputs, too?

I can see the whole point for a solo act, but as I primarily play with others (who DI too) i would need the arranger's speakers to play the main board monitor send, not just the internals (or I got to lug monitors as well, sort of defeating the point, once again)...

Be nice if there was a dedicated 'in' to arranger's speakers that bypassed the arranger...

#152030 - 10/21/07 01:58 AM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Diki
All Wersi instruments have at least 3 outputs, 1 of which is normally also used for the internal speakers, however all can be independently switched (Using the output mixer) to be controlled by the speaker volume or not. (As with all keyboards each output has its own independent EQ, Reverb, Balance etc)
Hope this helps

Bill

#152031 - 10/21/07 07:06 AM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
Diki and Bill, this is an interesting point i had not thought of before. the separate control is a great idea, to be able to use the kb controls for external level as well as internal. the Wersi is a very expensive option. I may be wrong, but i know of no other units in the price range most of us here buy at that has this option, and it wouldn't seem to be that expensive for the manufacturer to add to their higher-end units with speakers. However, Diki, the fact that there isn't that option now doesn't make using the internals as monitors useless. You still have to control your board separately now, no? and would have to use separate dial or slider for main and monitor adjustments..so you can just turn up the internals and turn down the main or vice versa..still 2 controls.

------------------
Miami Mo

#152032 - 10/21/07 09:19 AM Re: The Korg PA2X Pro is here
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
The MS have 4 Stereo Outputs full hardware controlled by Sliders Volumes control and relatve Mute/Unmute.

MAIN OUT XRL: where the sounds engine are routing to this output for the Main powered Loudspeakers.
Monitor/Cue XRL: another Stereo out where you can routing the same Main outs for your own powered monitor Loudspeakers.
Phones: another stereo out where you can routing the all desidered sounds engine.
MIx Out 2: are another 2 jack mono Outs where you can routing what ever you like.

In the 2 Players, we have also the key CUE function, when is selected ON, you can pre listen "cue" one song in another different outputs, like the Phones, Monitor or Mix Out 2.
In realtime with the other 4 slider and ON/OFF key, you can manage the all Audio how you like, or like one DJ mixer console too.

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online