SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#151968 - 10/28/04 11:35 AM Re: OT: Got A Speeding Ticket (My First ever) !
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
I paid them myself. I can't recall having been punished on the insurance side of things, but maybe this has changed last few years.

------------------
Roy-Andrč

#151969 - 10/28/04 11:46 AM Re: OT: Got A Speeding Ticket (My First ever) !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Scott,
why don't you finally tell everybody that you got your speeding ticket while riding your bike?

Yeah right , and it was on a Harley Davidson XL 1200R Sportster 1200 Roadster (with the Tyros keyboard strapped to my back.
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/20...200Roadster.htm

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 10-28-2004).]

#151970 - 10/28/04 12:17 PM Re: OT: Got A Speeding Ticket (My First ever) !
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Scott, were you speeding?

Fran: Yes, and I acknowledged this to the traffic officer as well. I believe, because of my demeanor with him, as well as the fact this was my first speeding violation ever, he treated me particularly nicely & reduced the speeding violation citation & amount as well. I believe my honesty & remorse (for speeding) worked in my favor. I promise to report my experiences with (online) Traffic School. I just need to figure out which one to go with. - Scott

#151971 - 10/28/04 03:45 PM Re: OT: Got A Speeding Ticket (My First ever) !
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
I just don't get it??

You were speeding and got your "first" ticket. Maybe this was the first time you were ever speeding, or was it just the first time you were caught? Just pay the man!

Kbrkr says he was offered a lesser fine for "lying" about a broken speedometer??

Is it just me??? ..........or is it perfectly acceptable to behave like a bad lawyer, and twist and distort facts??

#151972 - 10/28/04 04:07 PM Re: OT: Got A Speeding Ticket (My First ever) !
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Rattley,

"Kbrkr says he was offered a lesser fine for "lying" about a broken speedometer??"

Still don't get it?

It's a game to make money for the town. I paid the fine, didn't I.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#151973 - 10/29/04 01:43 AM Re: OT: Got A Speeding Ticket (My First ever) !
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:

Anyone here ever have to attend traffic school? If so, via any one of the following online Traffic School courses?

Advise & recommendations appreciated. - Scott

I did and this is my advice.
http://www.affordablehomestudy.com

they'll send you a 5-6 hr VHS tape(must watch becuse some questions are directly linked to the video content ) with questions.watch at home.take the exam(attached) and send them back in prepaid envelope.they 'll send the cetificate to court and will also send you a copy.it costs like 30-35$.the fastest and most effective way.'cause if you can't do the exam you can re-watch the video.no online,no realtime teachers-no stress.

you can do this within 1.5 to 2 months after the date of violation.

everybody has a right to go/do(traffic school )for only 1 violation within 18 months(no reports to DMV).if you have 2 violations (speeding,running the red light,not stopping at a STOP sign ,etc)within 18 months(and if you've taken the course) you won't have the option to take the traffic school again,you'll still have to pay the bill,it'll be written on your DMV record and needless to say, your car insurance premium will go up.

[This message has been edited by jamman (edited 10-29-2004).]

#151974 - 10/29/04 05:36 AM Re: OT: Got A Speeding Ticket (My First ever) !
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
Rattley,

It's a game to make money for the town. I paid the fine, didn't I.

Perhaps it's not a game but a way of trying to reduce the number of people who get killed by mindless idiots in charge of cars.

Here in the UK we have a points system for such offenders - get 12 points and you lose your licence for a year. Surely you guys in the US have something similar?

KF

#151975 - 10/29/04 09:17 AM Re: OT: Got A Speeding Ticket (My First ever) !
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by KFingers:
Perhaps it's not a game but a way of trying to reduce the number of people who get killed by mindless idiots in charge of cars.

Here in the UK we have a points system for such offenders - get 12 points and you lose your licence for a year. Surely you guys in the US have something similar?

KF

There is no points system as such here in the U.S. that I'm aware of. At least not in California to my knowledge.

Here in California if you're caught speeding in excess of 100MPH (160km/h for our UK friends), it's off to jail you go. If you're caught drinking and driving it's off to jail you go. If you have more than one DUI, i.e. - driving while under the influence of Alcohol or Drugs, i.e. Drunk or Loaded - within a certain time span, you will lose your license for 6 months to a year I believe.

In California and most likely in most other states, City police set up DUI checkpoints every so often to try and nail offenders. State Police (Highway Patrol in California) do it too. The roads are already jammed with tons of vehicles galavanting down our roads and highways which makes for a rather arduous task to navigate them as it is. Add on top of that those that are Drunk or Loaded "or Both " plus the speeders, and you could see why Law Enforcement takes a very dim view of offenders, especially the repeat kind. And yes, your insurance will go up if you have a ticket[s] on your record. So traffic school is a great way to eliminate not only the ticket from your record but also in keeping your insurance premiums from going up.... and up.... and up.... depending on the amount of tickets you get plus variables as to the kind and severity of the ticketed offense.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 10-29-2004).]

#151976 - 10/29/04 08:32 PM Re: OT: Got A Speeding Ticket (My First ever) !
Scottyee Offline

Just thought you guys might like to know I ended up going with http://happytrafficschool.com & that it took me less than 90 minutes to complete the course & pass the FINAL exam, which consisted of 25 fairly easy multiple choice questions. Total cost was $14.99. The certificate of successful completion will be sent out to me on Monday.

I really appreciate the ease of having done this online compared to the alternatiave of having to attend an 8 hour class, which requires paying a substantially higher class tuition fee ($35 and up) as well. I hope no one else here ever needs to attend traffic school to work off a ticket, but if you ever do, I definitely recommend doing it online as I did. I'll let you know if the certificate arrives as promised. - Scott

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online