SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#15157 - 10/09/06 03:39 AM Midi Lyrics
wardwil Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi All,

Is there a quick way to input midi lyrics so that they will be displayed during a song? Can they be loaded from a cd into a folder or something like that?

Will

#15158 - 10/10/06 06:10 AM Re: Midi Lyrics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,

Lyrics can be inserted into a MIDI file directly on the Genesys XP by using the silk-screened alphabet below the Resources buttons. HINT: It is far easier to a computer keyboard plugged into the computer keyboard port on the back of the instrument. Instructions for entering lyrics are found on page 97 of the Genesys XP Owner's Manual.

Another way to get lyrics into a MIDI file is to enter them in a sequencer program on your computer. I have used Cakewalk and Power Tracks Pro in the past for this. The important thing to remember is that Lyrics must be entered on track 4 of the standard MIDI file to function properly.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

#15159 - 11/23/06 06:18 AM Re: Midi Lyrics
wardwil Offline

Hi Dave,

You are a legend. I have another issue. I am using an interface (Roland Gi20)so a I can use the styles for a guitar. When I stop the style there is a sound that continues and it will not disappear. When I mute the strings it goes away... how can I access the strings as part of the accomp. Thanks for all the help.. I would be lost without this forum.

#15160 - 11/24/06 07:49 AM Re: Midi Lyrics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,

Can you explain in more detail what you want to do?

Regarding the sound that continues when you stop the Style playback; it is a string pad sound? And when you say it stops when you mute the strings, do you mean when you mute the strings on your guitar? The string pad sound you are hearing is coming from Part #1 of the Genesys (from the main screen, press soft button F5 for Keyboard PARTS and notice that Part 1 is active). You can press soft button A to mute that part if you don't want to hear the string pad sound.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

#15161 - 11/27/06 07:28 AM Re: Midi Lyrics
wardwil Offline

Hi Dave,

That is exactly what i did. The issue is that I would like to use the string sound as it is quite effective. Is this possible or should i add the string pad to another midi channel?

Thanks
Will

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online