SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#151537 - 09/12/07 01:48 PM Re: G70 Live arranger recording #2
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Fran,

I can hardly wait to hear one of your tunes.

You DO have a G70 don't you?

You ARE a singer, aren't you?

Come on...don't be shy...it would be so cool to hear you strut your stuff.

Ian the Anxious

PS...Of course you can always give directions to your website if you aren't up to it...

#151538 - 09/12/07 01:54 PM Re: G70 Live arranger recording #2
ianmcnll Offline

Cassp and Scott,

Great job on the tunes...nice to hear different interpretations of songs, and very kind of you both to share your talent.

Thank you.

Ian

#151539 - 09/12/07 02:23 PM Re: G70 Live arranger recording #2
Dnj Offline

Here we go again

#151540 - 09/12/07 02:29 PM Re: G70 Live arranger recording #2
ianmcnll Offline

Don't worry Donny...Fran won't put up a song...things are okay....calm down.

It's probably better to hear him at work on his website. http://www.francarango.com/songs.html

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 09-12-2007).]

#151541 - 09/12/07 05:33 PM Re: G70 Live arranger recording #2
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Hey Cassp - GREAT JOB! I really appreciate your Roland guys putting your stuff out here. Why? I have gained an appreciation for the mania. I'm a Yamaha player and I can tell you that 'I get it' (The Roland thing).

The sounds are great and your execution was great. Thanks again CASSP for opening our ears to the truly fine Roland sound.

Scott - Also GREAT! It's obvious why the Yammies and Roland share the top of the heap.

Randy

[This message has been edited by saxxman (edited 09-12-2007).]

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#151542 - 09/12/07 05:35 PM Re: G70 Live arranger recording #2
Spalding1 Offline

Loc: birmingham,england
The G70 sounds like a live band. very convincing and the organ sounded authentic. The T2 sounded too clean and actually the sounds were not very well balanced. Sounded like a backing track. Of the two the G70 had the best selection of sounds and balance but Cassp needs to adjust that vocal harmoniser setting as in parts it sounded really high pitched and odd.The VH on the yamaha was a much better setting. I liked both but Cassp your voice is obviously suited to this kind of music and your phrasing sounds much more natural and fluid.Scot i admire your work too but it is clear that you have had vocal training and that doesnt work so well in songs like this. There is a rawness and freeness that suits this style of music better and your voice is a little bit too refined. But hey enjoy what you do and so long as people love both musicians everyones happy right ?

#151543 - 09/12/07 08:33 PM Re: G70 Live arranger recording #2
Dnj Offline

Spalding very good observations ..I agree with most of what you say ....as a singer you really have to choose the right song styles for your voice ...& interpret your vocals appropriately changing your tone, tenacity, phrasing, adlib timing, etc, to make it believable & effective, its something that comes from inside your heart not from a teachers lesson.

#151544 - 09/13/07 05:34 AM Re: G70 Live arranger recording #2
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Spalding1:
The G70 sounds like a live band. very convincing and the organ sounded authentic. The T2 sounded too clean and actually the sounds were not very well balanced. Sounded like a backing track. Of the two the G70 had the best selection of sounds much better setting. I liked both but Cassp your voice is obviously suited to this kind of music and your phrasing sounds much more natural and fluid.Scot i admire your work too but it is clear that you have had vocal training and that doesnt work so well in songs like this. There is a rawness and freeness that suits this style of music better and your voice is a little bit too refined. But hey enjoy what you do and so long as people love both musicians everyones happy right ?

I agree with your comments as well. Both Scott and Cass are very accomplished and I enjoy hearing both musicians. Listen to Michael Buble perform a standard like My Funny Valentine, then take Rod Stewart singing it. Hmmm, I prefer Michael Buble's rendition, but then again I don't think Buble would sound quite that good if he sang Maggie May.

The G70 sounds great, but listen to the Tyros 2 with Scott singing Corcovado using SA voices. Both instruments are great in their own right.

#151545 - 09/13/07 05:47 AM Re: G70 Live arranger recording #2
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Stephen, I was wondering if I would hear from you. You make some very good points. And you would be a perfect person to do what I'm about to suggest...

I think it would be great if one person recorded the same song on both keyboards, using similar styles - or even the same style converted for the two keyboards.

Since you have a T2 and a G70, would you be interested? You certainly have the chops and voice to pull this off? You pick the song and style. It'll be great.

#151546 - 09/13/07 06:43 AM Re: G70 Live arranger recording #2
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
Stephen, I was wondering if I would hear from you. You make some very good points. And you would be a perfect person to do what I'm about to suggest...

I think it would be great if one person recorded the same song on both keyboards, using similar styles - or even the same style converted for the two keyboards.

Since you have a T2 and a G70, would you be interested? You certainly have the chops and voice to pull this off? You pick the song and style. It'll be great.

Cass, I'll do that, but probably won't get the time to do so until Sunday this weekend.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online