SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#151523 - 08/26/01 07:29 PM cakewalk working with sd1
Sev01 Offline

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to know if I it is possible to make my own styles from scratch in cakewalk pro audio9 and then import them into sd1 since sd1 has a very basic and weak sequncer for making new styles, and if yes what is the procedure. Also at the moment I can't record anything from sd1 onto the cakewalk, and I think may there is a special setting I have to make prior to recording in the cakewalk or the sd1 midi sections. If anybody has a clue please help me. Maybe Ketron AJ has some answers. Thanks in advance for the help.

#151524 - 08/26/01 08:02 PM Re: cakewalk working with sd1
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hello Sev,
Go to midi program TX (p.change)and program channel RX and place an * in each part assignment . After you do this, press save enter to save midi setup. This should help . I also have emails from Sandro about the sequencer . I will be happy to forward them to you . Good luck ......oneils4@home.com .
Dan o
PS....I have not had any problems creating patterns or remixing patterns .

#151525 - 08/26/01 08:24 PM Re: cakewalk working with sd1
Sev01 Offline

Dan 01,

Thanks for responding and I will try what you said. I am repeating myself again that I never said you cannot make new styles or patterns on the sd1. The problem is that the sequencer doesn't alow you to do erase measure, copy measure, delete measure or other convenient features that even my korg i3 offers. If I am making a new style in sd1 once I set the number of bars and time signiture for that particular style I am stuck with that setting for all different parts of that style like the other 3 variations and so on. I live in Toronto Canada and technical support guy lives in Montreal, and last week I asked him most of the questions I posted on this forum in the past two weeks. He asked me to give him one day and he called me the next day with no answers, and said all my points are valid but they are software related and at the moment he cannot help me until the new upgrade comes. I still want to know if I can make my styles on cakewalk and import them into sd1.

Thanks for your help.

#151526 - 08/27/01 07:27 AM Re: cakewalk working with sd1
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
You can change time signatures of a style in the parameters section . dano

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online