SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#151364 - 07/22/01 07:24 PM New Technics PR pianos? HELP!
Paddy1nz Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Hello,
I am either going to get a kn6500 or PR703. I want to know that at namm this year, is there a new PR (perhaps PR704, 705?) or is the PR703 going to be around for another year?
Thanks
Paddy

#151365 - 07/24/01 11:19 AM Re: New Technics PR pianos? HELP!
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
There were not any new PR series shown at NAMM show this year . Dan O

#151366 - 07/24/01 11:47 AM Re: New Technics PR pianos? HELP!
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Paddy1nz...........Unofficial information I heard from a Technics person is that there is possibility of a new KN7000 + PR's sometime towards end 2002......This time span is about right for a model change.

Interestingly I have recently connected a KN6000 through the amplification of a PR903. (my friend has both)Although they sound similar the PR still sounds better to my ears, although they are said to contain the same sound samples.

Graham UK

#151367 - 07/27/01 06:54 PM Re: New Technics PR pianos? HELP!
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I want to pass on that you will see the Panasonic name rather than Technics in the future . I also believe that Panasonic will make their way into Big Box stores in the future as well . Dan O
PS....National Sales manager for Technics has been a friend of mine for over 10 years .

#151368 - 07/27/01 09:39 PM Re: New Technics PR pianos? HELP!
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Dan
I think you're right. A couple of "music store" people have told me the same thing - in completely different US cities. And the Panasonic line will include a CD-ROM player in it. Now, if they could only keep up with GEM who may release a CDRW drive in their keyboards very shortly.
PS... you never emailed me about your best GC price on an SD1 or Yam9000.
Tom

#151369 - 07/27/01 11:59 PM Re: New Technics PR pianos? HELP!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I know that Technics already sells their low end arranger keyboard models (SX-KC211 & SX-KC611) under the Panasonic name (in the Big Box stores). Are the high end (KN series: KN6500 & the future KN7000) going to undergo the name change too, as well be sold in the Big Box stores (Guitar Center, Sam Ash, Mars, etc)? Wow, if so, this is VERY interesting news.

I somehow equate the Panasonic name with telephones, VCRs, TVs, and massage chairs. I still can’t imagine associating the Panasonic name with a professional level keyboard instrument. hmmm. The Panasonic KN6500 & Panasonic KN7000. That's going to take some getting used to.

Anyway, it sounds encouraging to hear that even the Technics (I mean Panasonic) high end model arranger keyboards (KN series) may finally break out of their extremely limited US marketing venue (only allowed to be sold in overpriced piano/organ stores). The problem with piano/organ stores is that they sell at highly inflated prices (the skys the limit), because there is no official manufacterer list price for them to conform to.

Is the change to Panasonic in 'name only' or has Technics been actually bought out (taken over) by Panasonic ? I hope Technic's current keyboard quality and innovation (R&D) will continue. BTW, what’s the name of your friend who is the new National Sales Manager?

Being able to sell the Technics (Panasonic) KN arranger keyboard series at the Big Box stores will provide US arranger keyboard consumers a first time opportunity to directly compare the Technics (Panasonic)top end arranger keyboards with Roland, Korg, Yamaha, GEM, and Solton. This should in turn stimulate healthy competition. Dan, thanks for the informative news. Please keep us posted on developments. Thanks. - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 07-28-2001).]

#151370 - 07/28/01 02:17 AM Re: New Technics PR pianos? HELP!
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Scott,
as far as I know about this topic, Technics is ovned, developed and produced by Matsushita Electric Industrial Co.,Ltd, Japan.
The very same company who ovn and produce Panasonic.
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#151371 - 07/28/01 04:49 AM Re: New Technics PR pianos? HELP!
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
In the UK Yamaha is available in the (As you call them) Big Box Stores, but only up to about the PSR340. Any model more above this is limited to the dedicated Music Stores, possibly a policy of Yamaha Marketing.
If it is true about Technics Brand Name,which initially they started with their HI-Fi, reverting their name back to Panasonic they will be going down the wrong path and will destroy their credibility.

Graham UK

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online