SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#151183 - 04/18/06 11:57 AM Re: Should I sell my MidJay & Buy A Tyros 2 ?
Dnj Offline

Thanx for the replies .....now Im really confused.........yes my abilities as a player make most arranger KB's sound good due to years of experience........some of your answers do not reflect other concerns as a every day pro on stage KB performer....there is much more involved in making a decision to use a Kb for me .....navagation, weight, transportability, as less gear to accomplish the job as possible is mandatory...dont get me wrong the MIDJAY sounds incredible.........maybe I need a smaller conroller like Don's Edirol PCR M80?
who knows? Or maybe its just my finicky ways......but my wheels are ticking away!!

#151184 - 04/18/06 12:03 PM Re: Should I sell my MidJay & Buy A Tyros 2 ?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Thanx for the replies .....now Im really confused.........yes my abilities as a player make most arranger KB's sound good due to years of experience........some of your answers do not reflect other concerns as a every day pro on stage KB performer....there is much more involved in making a decision to use a Kb for me .....navagation, weight, transportability, as less gear to accomplish the job as possible is mandatory...dont get me wrong the MIDJAY sounds incredible.........maybe I need a smaller conroller like Don's Edirol PCR M80?
who knows? Or maybe its just my finicky ways......but my wheels are ticking away!!

Wait by the phone. Do not go near a music store. I'll call you and talk you through this.
DonM

#151185 - 04/18/06 12:07 PM Re: Should I sell my MidJay & Buy A Tyros 2 ?
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Quote:
Originally posted by GlennT:
I'll be posting a review on the SD5 before weeks end.
Glenn

Will be looking forward to your review.
Starkeeper

#151186 - 04/18/06 12:09 PM Re: Should I sell my MidJay & Buy A Tyros 2 ?
miden Offline

Loc: The World
hi dnj, speaking as a person who owned the midjay, i am totally happy with my switch back to the PA1xPro..as good as the midjay is , there were just too many little things i wasnt happy with..it was just too ordinary in the sound department, just a bit too fiddly to operate on stage the vocal side was, at best, ordinary, you needed proprietary pedals, etc etc, so i for one, fully understand, and agree, with where your head is at and why you are thinking those thoughts...yes you will notice a bit of a difference in the drums, as i reckon the midjay comes closest to the PA for live in your face drums, but just having good drums does not a good keyboard make....whatever you decide, i wish you well, just wanted you to know that your situation has support, for what it's worth...
cheers
dennis

#151187 - 04/18/06 12:39 PM Re: Should I sell my MidJay & Buy A Tyros 2 ?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Thanx for the replies .....now Im really confused......... maybe I need a smaller conroller like Don's Edirol PCR M80?

QUICK !!! .. anyone have the emergency number for AKA ??? ...

t.

#151188 - 04/18/06 12:42 PM Re: Should I sell my MidJay & Buy A Tyros 2 ?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
In the past Ive acted brovadidly weird toward other Tyros users & for that I apologize

Thanx

PS.. I know Scott Yee is laughing his butt off

No need to change your ways. Get a Tyros 2...then you can simply start bashing PA1x users. Then, after the T2 wears thin, get a PA1x and start on the Ketron or Roland camp. It's easy.

Peace,

chas

#151189 - 04/18/06 01:41 PM Re: Should I sell my MidJay & Buy A Tyros 2 ?
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
or... you could just hire the New York Philharmonic for a few days.

Somebody suggested owning both, the T2 and the Midjay. If money is no problem... then throw money at the problem.

Otherwise, remember all of us poverty stricken retirees and buy a used PSR-2000. Still a great machine for the money.

All my best, the rest in-jest!

Dave Rice

#151190 - 04/18/06 01:45 PM Re: Should I sell my MidJay & Buy A Tyros 2 ?
Dnj Offline

Thanx for all the thought provoking replies ........I've come down from my TYROS2 fever & resting easy now........
I will admit the Midjay is a module NOT a Full blown Arranger, I knew that when I bought it.....do I miss a full featured Arranger KB? YES....Does the MJ have so many other multi-features that I love that a full features arranger doesnt have? YES
Do they both sound great? YES....so what we have here is a personal choice matter & what your able to live with & can be happy doing so in the mist of things constantly coming to market to make our lives as musicians double guess our selections....its a vicious cycle that never seems to end.......it was so much easier years ago in the pre computer age......you bought a unit, & you played and enjoyed it....you thought it was the best thing since apple pie....there was no forum discussions to make you crazy with your decisions pro/con.....just buy, play, & be happy!!!!!!!

BTW....Don thanx or the phone call....
I'm better now

#151191 - 04/18/06 02:52 PM Re: Should I sell my MidJay & Buy A Tyros 2 ?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
DonM mentioned the drums are weak in the T2 and to some extent I agree; when compared to samplers. However, I have successfully tweaked , eq'd, and boosted the drums in my T2 to sound in your face.

I don't think it's appropriate for me to try to convince you to buy a T2. I will say that for my two piece act, it works and sounds like a champ.

Just like you are curious about the T2, I'm curious about the Pax1pro, G70, MidJay, etc. In the end, I'm most confident and comfortable with the T2.

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#151192 - 04/18/06 03:28 PM Re: Should I sell my MidJay & Buy A Tyros 2 ?
Dnj Offline

Al.....could you post or email me a song/MP3 with the EQ'd pumped up T2 drums....I'd love to hear em?

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online