SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#15104 - 03/04/04 07:05 PM Re: OT...Does apply to GEM though...
Anonymous
Unregistered

One thing I neglected to point out in my last post is the fact that the WK-8 (megastation) and WK-8SE (special edition) use different operating systems. Trying to hack/install the wrong OS into your instrument can create unexpected results. We cannot provide support in these circumstances.

BTW, I provide support for the US market. If you have issues with a GEM product outside of the US, I suggest you contact the place of purchase for things like new OS versions etc. GEM USA does not have access to products/software that are not sold here in the US.

I will of course be happy to help and answer questions from anyone, anywhere, whenever I can.

Thanks,

Dave

#15105 - 03/04/04 07:48 PM Re: OT...Does apply to GEM though...
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by WDMcM:
I am not sure what you meant by your comment, but rest assured that Paul and I and everyone else at General Music are working very hard and things are just great here and getting better every day, so please let's stop these kind of destructive comments here and now. OK?

Wow, it never ceases to amaze me how easy it is to misinterpret written word.

Dave, I'm sorry if you thought something I said was destructive. Quite frankly, I'm pretty much blown away by that statement. But I'm not going to rant here. Instead, I'll explain what I meant by using the word "sign".

The "sign" I was referring to was....You weren't allowed to comment, to say something. This wasn't an authorized upgrade. If it was, GEM would have posted it on their site. How did I even hear about this upgrade...Through a post from another user.

Quote:
Originally posted by JoostMerema:
Today I succeeded in flashing the WK8 to a WK8SE... Now I compared the update files from WK8SE to WK8LE; but I can't find much different things. But there are some different things in it; maybe different perfomances and sounds.

Could Paul of Cris comment on this?

You know how many comments he got back from Paul or Chris...Zippo, nada! Did that bother me?...Not at all. It didn't sound like something a manufacturer was going to recommend but I was still intrigued. And so I asked, should I do this? No response.

A little later on it gets brought up again and this time you respond:

Quote:
Originally posted by WDMcM:
Finally, I see no reason to try and load the SE operating system into you WK-8. if I come up with a reason, I will let you know.
Dave

Great, that's all I wanted to hear. So I proceed to download the latest OS for the WK8SE from Italy. Doesn't work. I email tech support. They respond, it should work, just click on the link. I respond back, not working here. End of communication. I proceed to troubleshoot, solve, and state my findings at the beginning of this thread.

A new problem surfaces, a few attempts are made to rectify but to no avail. And all along nobody official is chiming in (no offense Joost). Again I think, that's okay, maybe they can't, maybe they don't want to be liable. Another interested party asks about the upgrade (tazar). I'm about to answer when my third attempt failed and so I posted my wish for you and/or Paul to say something, anything, but alas, maybe you can't.

(obviously I didn't wait long enough)

There. That's what I meant.

What did you think I meant?

Sincerely,
Mike Sutliff

[This message has been edited by msutliff (edited 03-04-2004).]

#15106 - 03/04/04 07:52 PM Re: OT...Does apply to GEM though...
msutliff Offline

Oh yeah, and for the record, I'm okay with not going through with this upgrade. I don't need it, what I got is working fine.

I was just curious, that's all.

Good night all!

mike

#15107 - 03/05/04 04:48 AM Re: OT...Does apply to GEM though...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Uh, well....It is a little dificult to type with my foot in my mouth.

Sorry Mike. I know better than to let my emotions take over. I feel like I should buy you a beer or something.

LOL,

Dave

#15108 - 03/05/04 05:42 AM Re: OT...Does apply to GEM though...
msutliff Offline

No problem Dave.

It's a new day and I'm feeling good. Well, except for the fact that I have to go shovel about 10 inches of freshly fallen snow (here in Minneapolis). I'm talkin' the real heavy stuff. Wet, sticky, can't use the snow-blower type snow.

That beer is soundin' real good. I'll take some 80 degree weather and some white sand to go with it, please!

mike

#15109 - 03/05/04 06:32 PM Re: OT...Does apply to GEM though...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Mike,

Don't have much white sand or any sand for that matter here is Cincinnati. But I would certainly take some of your snow. There is nothing like drinking a partially frozen beer that has been thawed out a bit on the manifold of the SkiDoo.

Forget the shovel, just get out the snowshoes.

Best Regards,

Dave

#15110 - 03/05/04 07:09 PM Re: OT...Does apply to GEM though...
msutliff Offline

Hey Dave,

Ooo, you said Ski-Doo...Are you a sledder?

1995 Ski-Doo Mach 1. Owned it for 5 years, put about 3000 miles on 'er.

Best trip, rode from Bergland, Michigan (UP)(Lake Gogebic) all the way up to Copper Harbor in one day, in blizzard conditions.

I'm originally from Duluth, Minnesota. Can't count the number of miles we put on the North Shore Trail.

If you're not a sledder, then sorry for the gibberish.

And to bring this post back on topic....Uh....Uh....When is GEM going to come out with an arranger keyboard utilizing DRAKE-chip technology?

mike

#15111 - 03/05/04 08:25 PM Re: OT...Does apply to GEM though...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Mike,

My family has a cottage (fancy name for a cabin) on Lake Superior in the U.P. When everyone else is going south for the winter, we go north. My brother was up there last week and said there is over four feet of snow in the woods. It kills me that I haven't had time to get up there lately.

We actually have Artic Cats now but started with John Deere years ago. Doesn't it just make you happy to be alive when cutting a new trail though fresh powder. I feel bad for the people who say they hate the cold and snow because they will never get to experience how beautiful falling snow from a clear blue sky can be. OK, I'm getting sad thinking about it so I had better go do something constructive. Peace.

Ride on and ride safe!

Dave

#15112 - 03/05/04 09:20 PM Re: OT...Does apply to GEM though...
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Hey Dave,
this is George Kaye from Kaye's Music Scene. Would you please ask Phil Houston to send me the documents he has for adjusting the ProMega3 and 2 keyboards. I talked to him earlier in the week but I don't have his email address.
Thanks,
George Kaye
(Retired 2021)

#15113 - 03/05/04 09:40 PM Re: OT...Does apply to GEM though...
PaulD Offline

Loc: Eugene, OR
George,

You have mail.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online