SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#151058 - 06/25/01 12:15 PM 24 bit Computer Sound Card Decision: Midiman M Audio Omni Studio/Delta 66 !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I just purchased a 24 bit/96 khz sound card for my computer. You may have remembered that I had asked (in an earlier thread) for recommendations on 24 bit sound cards under $600 US dollars. Based on the responses I got as well as reviews I read, I chose the MidiMan M Audio brand "Omni Studio i/o mixer" which INCLUDES a "Delta 66" card with SPDIF digital ins/outs. Since I have BOTH a PC and Mac (G4), I had a hard time deciding WHICH computer to install the new sound card on. Thanks to the advice given by both MidiMan M Audio (manufacter of the card) as well as Uncle Dave, I decided to install it in the Mac G4 (running Emagic - Logic Audio software) dedicating the Mac primarily for digital audio/midi recording. So far the sound is GREAT (clean/QUIET). THANKS AGAIN to everyone for all the valuable soundcard recommendations and advice given. - Scott

#151059 - 06/25/01 12:21 PM Re: 24 bit Computer Sound Card Decision: Midiman M Audio Omni Studio/Delta 66 !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
BTW: I was able to get the complete Omni Studio mixer/Delta 66 Soundcard setup for UNDER $400. The list price is $699.
http://www.midiman.net/m-audio/html/products/omnistud.htm

#151060 - 06/25/01 12:41 PM Re: 24 bit Computer Sound Card Decision: Midiman M Audio Omni Studio/Delta 66 !
Vic01 Offline

Loc: Madison, Wisconsin USA
Hi Scott. Congrats on the Omni Studio w/ delta 66. While I never had the Omni Studio, I did have a Delta 66 and it rocked! Good luck on your demo recording.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online