SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#150875 - 03/21/06 05:13 AM To: POSE (Lounge Lizard)
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Posted by Gary (travelin' easy) in another thread:
Pose (Lounge Lizard) recently hooked up a second center speaker in a parallel connection on his Z-5500 and said the results were incredible, especially for the mid range sounds, and the volume increased a lot.

Pose ... any more info you can give us on this? ... what spkr, size, how you hooked it up, etc ...

t.

#150876 - 03/21/06 05:24 AM Re: To: POSE (Lounge Lizard)
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Tony,

Thx for posting that question, I had the same one.

#150877 - 03/21/06 09:31 AM Re: To: POSE (Lounge Lizard)
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Guys:

When I was at the radioshack picking up parts to re/wire my z5500's I was talking to the owner ( a 50's radio buff) and he was familiar with the logitech's and when I commented the mid was a bit shy and seemed to be running at about the max, He suggested adding a second speaker his thoughts were since it was on its own amp would not affect the ohms thing that much and could possibly enhance the sound, he tried to sell me a speaker saying try and match up to the other in size, I wanted to match up the appearance also so conned Gary out of a spare he happened to have. I put 2 female 1/4" phone jacks into this speaker, (all the rest have one) and just made up a 15' wire to daisy over to second and bought a stand using the alum base idea from Gary. this stand is about 3' in height, the other is the bottom of a drummers throne and I have the controller mounted on this with the speaker on top. both set along side of me and faces forward and to me a tad.

Results is a bunch more volume, and a very noticeably increase in mid range. I had to re/adjust the keyboard eq a tad to get the balance like I wanted. I can crank the eq volume more now and the mid range dosn't start falling apart. I probably will never have to use the boost feature on the z5500's

If i was doing this again and did not have the second logitech speaker I think I would try and find 2- 5 or possibly 6 in speakers in a compact cabinet and put them on stands.

Since I had the phone jacks on the z5500 I did a bit of experimenting, I split the center output to 2-15" combo's I have hanging in my studio and boy what that does you can't believe but you have to lower the volume down on the center speaker control, it runs over the satts.
I reccommend everyone playing out using the z5500's convert them to 1/4" phone jacks they'll give you a lotta options.

This sure made a nice easy to move setup and should work for most any venue. I got to run it a couple nights ago here in the studio with a bass, drums,rhythm guitar and a pedal steel. I had no problem getting over the top of them.

gards.......pose

#150878 - 03/21/06 09:54 AM Re: To: POSE (Lounge Lizard)
tony mads usa Offline

Pose ... thnx ... some pics would be nice if you have any ...
As for mounting the spkrs, both Steve and I have set the sats on a board that mounts in front of the kb ... e-z transport and set-up ...
Steve whats the link to your pics?
t.

#150879 - 03/21/06 10:13 AM Re: To: POSE (Lounge Lizard)
Stephenm52 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Pose ... thnx ... some pics would be nice if you have any ...
As for mounting the spkrs, both Steve and I have set the sats on a board that mounts in front of the kb ... e-z transport and set-up ...
Steve whats the link to your pics?
t.

Here they are:
Logitech 1

Logitech2

Logitech3

#150880 - 03/21/06 10:30 AM Re: To: POSE (Lounge Lizard)
tony mads usa Offline

thnx ...... I can see you are as busy as I am today ...
t.

#150881 - 03/21/06 11:08 AM Re: To: POSE (Lounge Lizard)
Stephenm52 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
thnx ...... I can see you are as busy as I am today ...
t.

Yea, I can't keep up with the work load today!! Tony my job is like being a fireman, when systems are running smooth got plenty of time to lurk on the zone. Look out though if my phone starts to ring.

#150882 - 03/21/06 01:44 PM Re: To: POSE (Lounge Lizard)
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Here's some pics

Cheers....pose

[This message has been edited by loungelyzard (edited 03-21-2006).]

#150883 - 03/21/06 06:52 PM Re: To: POSE (Lounge Lizard)
tony mads usa Offline

Pose ... very interesting ... how did you get 'into' the sats? ...
t.

#150884 - 03/21/06 07:00 PM Re: To: POSE (Lounge Lizard)
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony,

Getting into the sats is easy. Remove the speaker's front cover, which just fits into four, small, rubber gromets. Beneath each of those gromets, which can be easily removed with a small screwdriver, is a small phillips-head screw. This removes the entire front of the speaker and provides access to the inside.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online