SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#15005 - 08/01/05 03:06 PM Question about Genesys XP
Rudi62 Offline

Loc: Ypres, Belgium
Hello there,
I'm new to this forum.
Next weekend i'm gonna buy this Genesys XP.
The dealer (in Germany) will give me a good price but its for a demo-model. O.K. for me,but i am a little confused. Are all the XP-versions the same since they came out?, I mean do they all have 20GB-HD and 32MB sample-ram? Or are there older versions with less specs? I have understand that the XP-version is the same than the Pro-S keyboard, am I right?
Thanks for an answer, I can't wait until the weekend, just like a little child for his new
toy!

#15006 - 08/01/05 06:32 PM Re: Question about Genesys XP
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
Quote:
Originally posted by Rudi62:
, I can't wait until the weekend, just like a little child for his new
toy!

I think you will love it, I plan on getting one soon.

Jerry

#15007 - 08/01/05 06:50 PM Re: Question about Genesys XP
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudi62:
Hello there,
I'm new to this forum.
Next weekend i'm gonna buy this Genesys XP.
The dealer (in Germany) will give me a good price but its for a demo-model. O.K. for me,but i am a little confused. Are all the XP-versions the same since they came out?, I mean do they all have 20GB-HD and 32MB sample-ram? Or are there older versions with less specs? I have understand that the XP-version is the same than the Pro-S keyboard, am I right?
Thanks for an answer, I can't wait until the weekend, just like a little child for his new
toy!

Hi,

Congratulations on your decision to invest in the Genesys XP. You are correct that the Genesys XP has the same specs as the Genesys Pro S (with the exception of a few differences in the front panel controls due to space considerations on the XP.

There is only one version of the XP so you should be fine with the demo unit.

Have fun!

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

#15008 - 08/02/05 02:13 AM Re: Question about Genesys XP
Rudi62 Offline

Loc: Ypres, Belgium
Hello,
Many thanks for your answers!
Regards, Rudi.

#15009 - 08/03/05 04:04 PM Re: Question about Genesys XP
Mainer Offline

Rudi,

I just bit the bullet and ordered a Genesys XP today. I'm not sure when it will come in but my guess is next week with any luck.

Jerry

#15010 - 08/04/05 05:26 AM Re: Question about Genesys XP
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Mainer:
Rudi,

I just bit the bullet and ordered a Genesys XP today. I'm not sure when it will come in but my guess is next week with any luck.

Jerry

GREAT! Let me know if I can be of any help.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

#15011 - 08/04/05 06:34 AM Re: Question about Genesys XP
Mainer Offline

Dave
Thank you, I will probably drive you nuts before I'm done. I just want you to know what a great Job you and Paul Davis are doing. I do not beleive I have seen any Major music company with the dedication that GEM has shown by having real people answer real questions in a timely basis. I Do not see Roland, Yamaha, or Korg being directly envolved to the extent you folks are.

I've been very happy with my Genesys but with the addition of my Technics FA1 organ something had to go. I thought about getting rid of my girlfreind to make room but it's her house so that obviously wouldn't work LOL. (I love my lady dearly)I can have my cake and eat it too with the XP Module. I Beleive I have my Genesys sold but if the deal falls through some one else will get a real good deal on my old Genesys.

One Question

How much does the Genesys weigh - not shipping weight but actual weight.

Keep up the terrific work I know it will pay, GEM has terrific high quality products.

Jerry

[This message has been edited by Mainer (edited 08-04-2005).]

[This message has been edited by Mainer (edited 08-04-2005).]

#15012 - 08/04/05 08:05 AM Re: Question about Genesys XP
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Mainer:
Dave
I just want you to know what a great Job you and Paul Davis are doing. I do not beleive I have seen any Major music company with the dedication that GEM has shown by having real people answer real questions in a timely basis.

Thank you very much.

Quote:
I thought about getting rid of my girlfreind to make room but it's her house so that obviously wouldn't work LOL.

Quote:

How much does the Genesys weigh - not shipping weight but actual weight.

Genesys with speakers - 59.4 lbs.
Genesys Pro - 41.8 lbs.
Genesys XP - 17.6 lbs.

Quote:
Keep up the terrific work I know it will pay, GEM has terrific high quality products.

Jerry

Thanks again Jerry. Feel free to contact me with any questions you have about your new Genesys XP.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

#15013 - 08/06/05 05:02 PM Re: Question about Genesys XP
PaulD Offline

Loc: Eugene, OR
Dear Mainer,

Thank you for those compliments. Althought Dave and myself are active (Dave WAY more than me lately) we have a great team here in the USA, that work behind the public spotlight. Generalmusic is a large team that each do their roles to the best of their abilty and Dave is a GREAT spokes persons for us. I unfortunately don't seem to have the time anymore and I am really glad that Dave is willing to be so active in his role. I do want to mention that Dave and myself are not alone in the support of Generalmusic customers, there are many others that sit behind and do what it takes to make Generalmusic what we are. Thank you again for your support and continued support of Generalmusic.

PS. It was great talking to you the other day.

Best Regards,

------------------
Paul Davis
Generalmusic
Generalmusic.US

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online