SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#150074 - 01/02/02 08:07 AM PSR2000 owner by end of week + question
pasadoble Offline

Loc: Portsmouth, England.UK
Finally gonna take the plunge and get a PSR2000 this week, hope I'm doing the right thing as I've now got used to using my PSR740 on-stage! looks like I've got to do it all over again, I've read about a few problems with PSR2000 on the forum but on the whole it seems to be a worthy successor to the PSR740.

Found the best price in the UK for this keyboard I think..£805 + £9.99 Postage, and its arriving this Friday, my next gig is on the 12th Jan so lots of hard work ahead getting it programmed.
My question is will the registration disk's I've saved on my PSR740 load directly into the PSR2000 or will I have to totally reprogram all my registrations?

Noel

#150075 - 01/02/02 09:19 AM Re: PSR2000 owner by end of week + question
Rodrigues Offline

Loc: Portugal
Hi,

You have to reprogram all Registrations again. So, it's good you take note for each song essentially, R1, R2 and Left voice you have used on 740, the Style (in order to choose a similar or load the same you have used on 740), Tempo, Transpose and Octave of each voice, Effects and Harmony.

Now on 2000 you have 8 Registration buttons instead 4 (as you know), but there is an additional important detail: after to store all panel settings by pressing Memory and a Registration Button, you have to save each set of 8 Regists (a bank) in the Internal Memory giving to each a name, e.g. 1 Rock songs; 2 Samba songs; 3 Ballads... or something similar. The 1, 2 ... indication it's only to quickly write on the paper of the score or lyric, the position of the memory where is the song regist; e.g. Yesterday (song) 3-4. This is, Yesterday settings are in the Regist "3 Ballads", Button 4. As you know on 740 each regist has a number from 1 to 32; such thing there is not on 2000. On 2000 each Regist has no number by default (even there is no Regist by default), as you need to name it any name you like.

Carlos Rodrigues

[This message has been edited by Rodrigues (edited 01-02-2002).]

#150076 - 01/02/02 11:39 AM Re: PSR2000 owner by end of week + question
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Hi pasadoble,
I agree with everything with what Rodrigues
said.
I will add what I do.
First off I usualy have the music in front of
me, or at least the words. My short time memory is not what it used to be!
So I always write the setting on the music sheet. If you didn't want a sheet in front of
you you could type your song titles in alfa.
order, and the setting by it.
I don't name my banks. Here's how I do it.

Bank No. - Reg. No.
B1 - 1
Song Title B1-1
One floppy will hold many song setups.
I have one book over 250 songs, all the settups on one floppy, hasn't even used a 1/4 of the disk. Works for me!

Hey "Rodrigues" I figured a dumb way of how to tell how much memory you have left in the 2000 flash memory.
Load everything you have in user on a floppy, take it to your CB and take a look! I realize you can't tell exactly, because the system uses a part of it. "I believe."
But you can sure tell how much your building up in USER Memory.
Regards,
Nobby

-PS: Word of Wisdom & firsthand
experience. When you are done
with your floppy open the
protection slide & always make
you a second copy!

[This message has been edited by Nobby (edited 01-02-2002).]

#150077 - 01/02/02 01:10 PM Re: PSR2000 owner by end of week + question
JimJamJammin Offline

Loc: Surrey, England
You lucky thing, I paid £869 for mine, and it should come tomorrow (they said it would could come either today or tomorrow, so through an complex process of elimination, I can derive that it will come tomorrow).

Out of interest, it would be interesting to hear where you got your keyboard from. Mine was with Starland.

#150078 - 01/02/02 02:54 PM Re: PSR2000 owner by end of week + question
pasadoble Offline

Loc: Portsmouth, England.UK
Hi Nobby,
Thanks for reply, my situation is that I generaly work in a Trio, that is myself on keys backing two singers (typical arranger keyboard environment) the singers I work with are paranoid about gaps in their performance so I do a lot of segue playing, I will have to find the quickest way of changing registrations on the fly with no pregnant pauses, going from one song to another with the least button pushing as possible, I play everything live from memory (no midifiles)I dont use any type of running/word sheets so I will have to do it all from memory, I have not found it to stressful on my PSR740 or the PSR730 before that. Is the 2000 radicaly different, I'm buying one without even playing it first and for Pro use its a big worry for me as my PSR740 has now been sold so there's no going back, will look at your way of storing registrations, am open to all suggestions.
Hi JimJamJammin,
Here's the Web address of my PSR2000 supplier, I have used them before and I know they usually come a long way down from their advertised price, its worth ringing them whenever your in the market for something musical, best of luck with your 2000.
http://www.musicalinstrumentmegastore.co.uk/itm01441.htm

[This message has been edited by pasadoble (edited 01-02-2002).]

#150079 - 01/02/02 05:20 PM Re: PSR2000 owner by end of week + question
Beakybird Offline

You should download the PSR740 styles from http://groups.yahoo.com/group/yamaha-psr-styles/files/ or from http://spectromagic.com/PSR-Styles-Vault-Archive/.
Then you can set up One Touch Settings for each of your favorite styles (Something you couldn't do with USER styles on the PSR740).
You should also download the CVP209 + OTS styles from the first website mentioned. Put all of these styles on floppies. Now you will have over 600 great styles to work with.

Good luck.

Larry

#150080 - 01/02/02 07:49 PM Re: PSR2000 owner by end of week + question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pasadoble...
I work with two singers also..but not on the same job. With the 2000, you need not worry about sequeing with music. The 2000 loads registrations at lightning speed.

All you have to do is: while playing one song, open up the registration menu from the main menu (J) and scroll to the page that has the song or registration you want next. When the current song ends... open the new song and BOOM and any associated button from the 8 registration buttons...and you are ready to go.

It is the best system I have seen on any arranger.

#150081 - 01/03/02 12:34 AM Re: PSR2000 owner by end of week + question
JimJamJammin Offline

Loc: Surrey, England
Thanks Pasadoble. It doesn't really matter now about the price. It was just that Starland had a 'Price Match Policy', so I was interested incase they refunded the differece. However, since you say that's not the 'official' price, there's nothing really that I can do.

Unless something goes wrong, I will be a proud owner of the PSR2000 TODAY!!!!!!!
Hope you enjoy yours too.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online