SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#1498 - 09/27/04 04:39 AM Technics stereo problem
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a Technics stereo audio amplifier, model SU-AV700. Lately, when I turn up the volume to a good listening level, a red light flashes on the front panel, and the sound stops. No music from the am/fm, turntable, tape, CD. No audio at all. If I turn it off and wait a minute or two, then turn it back on, the sound returns. But, a short while later, the audio cuts out again, even sooner if a sudden loud sound is heard. What good is a stereo that can't handle more than a small amount of audio? Does anyone have any idea what the problem may be, and what can be done? MF

#1499 - 09/27/04 10:08 AM Re: Technics stereo problem
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
The amplifier is going into clipping and the safety trip is doing it's job,cutting in and closing down the amplifier which is what it is there for.
An amplifier shutting down like this can be caused by excessive high Bass & Treble settings + Loudness button active if the amplifier has one. Try setting all controls flat and try again.

[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 09-27-2004).]

#1500 - 09/29/04 04:19 PM Re: Technics stereo problem
TheSonicEnergyAuthority Offline

Loc: Peterborough,Cambridgeshire,UK
Unable to find any info on this amp using Google...

What speakers are you trying to drive, and does it match the output of the amp?

I know some Technics amps use a fan to cool them, just woundering if yours has too, and thinking that the fan may be dead, as a result the amp is shutting down to protect it's self.
Worth looking into....

------------------
The Sonic Energy Authority - a sound investment

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online