SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#149749 - 11/04/06 02:59 PM Re: What Keyboard Are You Dyin' To Try In the Future?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
None! I'm still discovering new things within the PSR-3000 that continue to amaze me. When I run out of things to discover, maybe I'll begin looking at something newer.

Cheers,

Gary

I'm with Gary. The 3000 has plenty to keep me busy, always learning something new. Of course my newer must be better thinking has me interested in the PA800. If Yammie released a PSR 3000 replacement with 76 keys I'd have to have one yesterday

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 11-04-2006).]

#149750 - 11/04/06 05:58 PM Re: What Keyboard Are You Dyin' To Try In the Future?
zuki Offline

The E series if they ever appear

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#149751 - 11/04/06 06:18 PM Re: What Keyboard Are You Dyin' To Try In the Future?
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
I'm looking forward to playing the successor to the PSR3000 next summer! Should be a winner!

Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#149752 - 11/04/06 08:59 PM Re: What Keyboard Are You Dyin' To Try In the Future?
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
The Korg PA 800, the Ketron SD5 and the replacement of the PSR 3000.

#149753 - 11/04/06 11:03 PM Re: What Keyboard Are You Dyin' To Try In the Future?
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
A keyboard that's new on the outside AND inside.

A keyboard that will have constant updates, upgrades and free new voices and styles.

A keyboard that won't be outdated when a newer model appears.

A keyboard from a manufacturer that actually cares about customers, where customers' opinions are valued.

#149754 - 11/04/06 11:38 PM Re: What Keyboard Are You Dyin' To Try In the Future?
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by Taike:
A keyboard that's new on the outside AND inside.

A keyboard that will have constant updates, upgrades and free new voices and styles.

A keyboard that won't be outdated when a newer model appears.

A keyboard from a manufacturer that actually cares about customers, where customers' opinions are valued.

Wersi, Lionstracs, and Korg are all producing instruments that meet most of your requirements. They all are software updateable, have great sounds, and aren't likely to be outdated around the corner. It's impossible to have a keyboard that is truly a vanguard product as these systems are designed years in advance to their release so technology will always be a bit behind in keyboard design. These instruments do represent the pinnacle as to what is available right now.

Korg is taking great strides to keep the Oasys software as up to date as possible. Lionstracs is also continually updating software and adding new features and bug fixes. Wersi isn't as quick to release software updates as they would much rather do one large update than release several smaller updates that may be buggy. I agree with that philosophy but it does make for longer periods before updates are available.

So far all three companies seem to listen to their end users and incorporate needed fixes and features in future OS updates. From personal experience I can tell you that Wersi's software is far more stable and bug free than either Lionstracs or the Korgs Oasys. I attest that to the fact Wersi only releases updates that they feel are relatively free of bugs and that Wersi were at the forefront of Open Ended Software instruments.

The main thing to consider is that these three companies do listen to their customers from what I've seen. The same can't be said for my past experiences with Yamaha. If Yamaha made the most advanced open ended keyboard to date with an upgradeable OS I'd run as far away as I could from it. Why you ask? Because their lack of support for OS on their other instruments was appalling. Of course YMMV greatly from mine.

#149755 - 11/05/06 12:46 AM Re: What Keyboard Are You Dyin' To Try In the Future?
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Quote: "A keyboard that won't be outdated when a newer model appears."

Huh.......? Not much point bringing out a new model if it DOESN'T outdate the older one......

Even Mediastation, as newer hardware processors and newer OS's become available, will have to leave their older designs behind. You can't run Windows XP on older CPU's, and you won't be able to run whatever is the NEXT state of the art OS on current CPU's. That's just the nature of progress.

Or we could all go back to our Ataris (I've still got mine!)

#149756 - 11/05/06 01:13 AM Re: What Keyboard Are You Dyin' To Try In the Future?
to the genesys Offline

The mediastation, Wersi and the module versions for the T2, G70 and PA800

#149757 - 11/05/06 02:10 AM Re: What Keyboard Are You Dyin' To Try In the Future?
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Diki:
[B]Quote: "A keyboard that won't be outdated when a newer model appears."

Huh.......? Not much point bringing out a new model if it DOESN'T outdate the older one......

Even Mediastation, as newer hardware processors and newer OS's become available, will have to leave their older designs behind. You can't run Windows XP on older CPU's, and you won't be able to run whatever is the NEXT state of the art OS on current CPU's. That's just the nature of progress.

Or we could all go back

That's a tongue-in-the-cheek quote and not meant to be taken literally although those that can read between the lines might get my point.

#149758 - 11/05/06 05:02 AM Re: What Keyboard Are You Dyin' To Try In the Future?
abacus Online   content

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Quote:

!)

Hello Dikki
Please remember that it is easy and relatively cheap to upgrade a computer Motherboard, CPU and Memory, consequently no mater what OS or software comes out you will be able to use it, even if it requires a hardware update. (It is also considerably cheaper then changing the entire board)
As an example;
The first Wersi OAS instruments ran on Windows 98 and OAS 2, the hardware consisted of a 533MHz Celeron CPU, 128Mb of PC133 Ram and an 8.4 GB 5400 RPM IDE Hard Drive.
The latest instruments run on Windows XP and OAS 7, the hardware consisting of a 3 GHz CPU, 1 GB of DDR Ram and an 80 GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive.
As you can see from the above, there is no way that Windows XP and OAS 7 would run on the early instruments, however because they are just a PC it is easy to change the hardware to the latest Spec, and consequently you can have the very latest instrument.
Enjoy whatever you play

Bill

[This message has been edited by abacus (edited 11-05-2006).]

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online