SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#149739 - 11/04/06 06:15 AM What Keyboard Are You Dyin' To Try In the Future?
Dnj Offline

PA800

Mediastaion X 76 Pro

How about you?

.....& probably a few I dont even know or havnt been built yet!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-08-2006).]

#149740 - 11/04/06 06:37 AM Re: What Keyboard Are You Dyin' To Try In the Future?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
None! I'm still discovering new things within the PSR-3000 that continue to amaze me. When I run out of things to discover, maybe I'll begin looking at something newer.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#149741 - 11/04/06 07:02 AM Re: What Keyboard Are You Dyin' To Try In the Future?
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
The grass is still very green on my side of the fence. Which is where I will continue to play my Yamaha Tyros 2. It has so many amazing capabilities that its safe to say that I have not even began to scratch the surface. I look forward to many happy days and years of enjoying the incredible sound of the Tyros 2. It does not appear that anything is on the horizon to cause me any more excitement than what I already have, with the one exception of future upgrades to the Tyros 2 operating system.

Regards,

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#149742 - 11/04/06 07:24 AM Re: What Keyboard Are You Dyin' To Try In the Future?
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
I like try to post some funny here for what is happen some days ago....
Then tell me you there if this type of story can be happen with the embedded keyboards too OR you have to waiting a new T3-T4-T5.. How MUCH money you will lose every time? PS Softsynth are the future, you know well there..

the story begann in this way: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150047762503&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:11

My FIST preserie Mediastation I sold in the USA 3 years ago, with the OS Beta 0.2, Linux RedHat 8...really a OLD OS we know.

then somenoe had RISK to buy it in this status that seem the Audio outs was not working.
They had registered in our new web Store and download the last ISO OS 1.2: http://www.lionstracs.com/store/msiso-12-p-124.html

Here is the result after installing the new OS 1.2 and the OLD Mediastation BORN again like the New production:

Hi Domenik,

Thank you very much for the update.

Yes, over the weekend we successfully installed the new OS v1.2. All I can
say is WOW - you guys have created a truly amazing and versatile product. It
seems very stable, extremely quick and responsive, and still provides all of
the standard advantages of running debian.

With your permission, I would like to list Lionstracs as a Steeprock Media
partner (www.steeprockmedia.com) in order to advertise the fact that we are
using the X-76 for commercial media production.

While we're not able to upgrade at this time, we are also interested in
purchasing a MS X-88 Pro in the future. Until then, we are eagerly looking
forward to hearing the GIGA Soundbank4300 V3 once it's ready for download.
Please let me know when it is available.

Best,
----------------------------------------
Dr. xxxxxxx, President
Steeprock Media, Inc. www.steeprockmedia.com

#149743 - 11/04/06 07:24 AM Re: What Keyboard Are You Dyin' To Try In the Future?
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
I'd like to try that new PSR-S 500. Seems a good upgrade to my DGX-305. Will have lot of fun trying all those PSR and Tyros styles.

Regards.
George

#149744 - 11/04/06 07:25 AM Re: What Keyboard Are You Dyin' To Try In the Future?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Yeah Dennis, Yamaha is probably working on enhancements for it as we speak. Not.
The T2 is a wonderful instrument, with almost limitless capabilites, but you'd better plan to tweak it yourself if it needs tweaking. Yammy is not famous for supporting arrangers after they sell them.
I'm a long time Yamaha user, but I am impressed with Roland, Korg and Ketron because they DO seem to keep trying to make their products better, even years after they debut.
Of course, some of this may be because they release them before they are ready!
I'm looking forward to trying a Korg PA800.
If the G70 or E80 weighed even 10 pounds less, I wouldn't look so hard.
Eventually Ketron will bring another flagship to market. I'll bet it will be a killer!
Only contender I've never tried recently is a GEM, and I must add that Dave McMahan offered to send me one to try, but again, the weight rules it out for me. Dave's support alone would make it a good option!
Maybe they will develop a lighter weight model, because they are also good about continuing support.
DonM

#149745 - 11/04/06 08:46 AM Re: What Keyboard Are You Dyin' To Try In the Future?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
The only two keyboards I am looking forward to trying out..are the Roland E-80 and the Media Station Pro..

I can't wait to hear the new GM wavetable[VST]..on the MS..

#149746 - 11/04/06 09:23 AM Re: What Keyboard Are You Dyin' To Try In the Future?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I am looking forward to the new, 76 note T3......

I don't need to look forward to a new G-series Roland, because about once a year they come out with a new OS that adds significant new features..... it's like getting a new arranger for free....!

When Korg update the PAX line with PA800 engine and Oasys samples, I might take a listen there.....

#149747 - 11/04/06 10:20 AM Re: What Keyboard Are You Dyin' To Try In the Future?
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
I currently have a Korg PA1XPRO that I like very much but I just don’t want to haul it to gigs anymore (due to age and related physical limitations). I was about ready to sell it to buy AJ’s PSR 3000; I went to Sam Ash, again, to demo the 3K and was still disappointed with its styles – sounded contrived and not very alive. The weight issue rules out the top Roland boards, for me at least. So, along with Donny, I want to check out the Korg PA 800. It seems to have many of the PRO features without the extra weight. I feel that the Korg styles are more ‘alive’ than the Yammies’ although some of the Korg intros and endings are kind of hokey.
Ciao,
Jerry

#149748 - 11/04/06 11:05 AM Re: What Keyboard Are You Dyin' To Try In the Future?
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
The SD-5!

Russ

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online