SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#149542 - 04/14/05 05:32 AM Re: Tyros 2 News - 76 Keys!
vrhfstdt Offline

April fools?

Check this out:
http://www.piens.be/product.lasso?pr=41035

#149543 - 04/14/05 08:21 AM Re: Tyros 2 News - 76 Keys!
technicsplayer Offline

"available soon"... October/November - interesting definition of "soon"...

#149544 - 04/14/05 08:37 AM Re: Tyros 2 News - 76 Keys!
silva Offline

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
Yes Sir, pretty cool. How much?

#149545 - 04/14/05 08:46 AM Re: Tyros 2 News - 76 Keys!
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
....and where is the 76 keys?
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#149546 - 04/14/05 09:20 AM Re: Tyros 2 News - 76 Keys!
BlkNotes Offline

I think the fellow is trying to generate pre-release hype/interest. Firstly, I am surprised that he is quoting a price, and secondly, he is using the always controversial and supposedly "unauthorized pictures".

4550 Euros= $5800 US [ who would spend that amount of money on a Tyros II??] That can't be right!! If it is they can promote all they want because they won't sell many.

Regards;
BN

#149547 - 04/15/05 01:58 PM Re: Tyros 2 News - 76 Keys!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I for one will not jump on the band wagon to get a Tyros 2 unfortunately. I say unfortunately because the Tyros 2 will have only 61 Keys unless Yamaha decides to change their mind ane provide a 76 Key version along with the 61 Key version.

I still say the design is not only ugly but if a person is not careful they could hurt themselves against its sharp edges.

If the price is as much as has been rumored then Yamaha in my opinion is doing not only its potential customers a dis-service by gouging their pocketbooks IMO but themselves a dis-service as well by the lack imo of total sales the Tyros 2 could generate if the price is indeed astronomical as has been reported (rumored).

Sorry Yamaha.. No 76 Keys, no sale. Period.

I will wait until they come out with a 76 Key Flagship Arranger instead. And I may have to jump ship to do it seeing Yamaha has basically given up on the idea of making a Flagship Arranger with 76 keys it seems.

In their own words Yamaha stated: "the Yamaha 9000PRO was a failed experiment". As we know it was Yamaha's only Flagship 76 Key Arranger. Maybe they want to leave well enough alone, huh?

Best regards,
Mike

#149548 - 04/15/05 02:26 PM Re: Tyros 2 News - 76 Keys!
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hey Mike

lol. I told ScottY the same thing about the shape of the Tyros 2. A guy would have to be careful so they don't poke themselves.

I understand the reason those pics were yanked was because nobody was authorized to take pics. What was seen, as I understand it, was just an idea of what it may look like, that it was just a plastic body with no guts. All that was heard were recordings.

As for me, I will never get anything larger that the 61 note keyboard. If anything, I hope there is are some modules that become available. If the Tyros 2 is 61 keys as I understand it, I really, really hope they make it smaller. Like about the size of the PSR3000. I really believe that can be done. And I also believe that the Tyros could fit into a PSR3000 case, but, my hunch is that it was made that size for aesthetic reasons only. To look nice, to look like its more than a KMart special, to make it look more valuable. That's my take on it.

The idea of a 7 pound module and a 7 pound controller keyboard sounds super to me. I'd be the first one in line for that.

Either way, I really hope that the weight of their keyboards at least stays the same or goes down. That's one reason I doubt I'd ever get a Korg PA1X or a Roland G70 no matter how great they may sound, and I'm sure that they do.

I am considering getting a Korg PA50 though. OMG, I should have warned everyone before I said that. You know, the ones that think I dislike anything other than a Yammie. haha

I like it because it is only about 25 pounds and has some neat sounds and styles. Something new and fresh. I understand it sounds identical to the PA80. I haven't heard one, but I suppose the PA1X sounds better than the PA50/60/80.

In general, I still think Yamaha has more better sounds, but Korg has a number of nice sounds, and some refreshingly different styles.

Of course, I will keep my Tyros until the next generation comes out.

Yap, yap. OK, that's enough yummering for now.

Scott Langholff http://www.ScottLMusic.com

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 04-15-2005).]

#149549 - 04/15/05 02:44 PM Re: Tyros 2 News - 76 Keys!
BlkNotes Offline

Its funny that Yamaha doesn't create a 76 key top model arranger since every other major manufacturer does. Very short sited on their part.

Regards;
BN

#149550 - 04/16/05 04:04 PM Re: Tyros 2 News - 76 Keys!
R-F Offline

Loc: Berlin/ Germany
Oops, too late.
Yamaha was faster and so I found only
"The topic or post you requested does not exist"

------------------
Regards
RF

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online